2019 ROT

DreamKid

-MARK ANDREWS DESERVES AN INCREASED ROLE IN BALTIMORE

Through two weeks of play, Mark Andrews is the highest-graded offensive player in football with 50 or more snaps played, and he still hasn’t played more than 55% of the Ravens’ offensive snaps in a single game. That’s just unacceptable. Not only does he lead all qualifying offensive players in overall grade (93.4), but he also ranks second among all offensive players with 40 or more routes run through Week 2 in yards per route run (4.83), trailing only his teammate Marquise Brown (5.18).-

We take Andrews off of the field because of his limitations as a blocker. When we go run heavy the team doesn't feel comfortable with him in there, especially in line. He's talked about that, and specifically the transparency of the offense when he's on the field. Improving as a blocker and becoming a more versatile player was a big focus of his during the offseason.

Also, taking some plays off keeps him fresh and at peak form during the games. We can afford to rotate him with other talented TEs on the roster. I don't have issues with his usage at the moment.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Danand said:

Dan Orlovskys twitter bio in context is golden. I can understand why he was a backup all these years. He is also quite honest about why he could never succeed as a QB. Kinda like Ken Dorsey

I've always appreciated Trent Dilfer's honesty as well. He knew the cerebral side of the game better than most, but physically he couldn't play at the level you needed him to.

3 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Gus Edwards was atop the league in this stat last year as well IIRC. But none of our starters even sniffed this until Lamar, this is quite easily the Lamar affect. RBs get defenders playing off balance and it leads to more broken tackles and yards after contact. Not to take away from Ingram though, he has great RB vision and superb patience.

3 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Gus Edwards was atop the league in this stat last year as well IIRC. But none of our starters even sniffed this until Lamar, this is quite easily the Lamar affect. RBs get defenders playing off balance and it leads to more broken tackles and yards after contact. Not to take away from Ingram though, he has great RB vision and superb patience.

On HBs with at least 75 carries, Gus averaged 3.2 yards after contact and ranked 13th. Earlier when we were playing some really bad run Ds though, I think he got up into the high 4s. In contrast Allen & Collins were in low 2 territory. Collins did have a Top 5 juke rate though.

Ingram has been doing this for a while, and you're right. Lamar should maximize what we get out of him.

D-1jnPMX4AAz7fe.jpg

I do think we'll go for it on 4th Down more often this year. After the Cardinals game I'm sure the offense really worked on both execution and play selection in simulated 4th Down scenarios too. We had the bad play call and then the delay of game penalty bungle both attempts last Sunday.