Brownie Man’s First Post OBJ Full Mock Draft

brownie man

Grade My Mock   

13 members have voted

1. 1. How’d I do Realism/Quality

Pick 49. DT Jeffery Simmons Mississippi

Jeffery Simmons is a top 10 talent. But we all know has character problems in his past. Along with the ACL he drops to this pick. He will bring a powerful dynamic force eventually, but we may be able to let him sit out the entire year. I don’t think he’ll be pressured because we have OBJ.

Pick 80. WLB Vosean Joseph Florida

After watching film on positions I wasn’t worried about before I’ve developed a draft crush. I think Joseph is going to be a Deion Jones level star. He’s so fast, explosive, can rush the passer, and come downhill and play the run. He’s got to be more consistent but I think he can be a Jaylon Smith type linebacker after a year of grooming. He’ll take over for Kirksey who we will probably cut next offseason.

Trade a 4th and first 5th rounder to Dallas to move up back into the 3rd. 

Pick 90 . CB Julian Love Notre Dame. 

I don’t think he’ll fall this far but I’ve seen a lot of sites have him in the third and if so I want to go get him. I think he’s the best cover corner in the draft. Just pure man coverage staying with a receiver I feel that he’s the best and will be a steal in the draft. Plays the run, stays with his man, makes plays on the ball, and has solid size. I think he’ll develop into a strong outside corner.

Trade two 5th round picks to Atlanta to move back into the 4th. 

Pick 117. CB/S Amani Hooker Iowa

I think he falls to the 4th like Desmond King did. I’m not sure if he’s a full time starting strong safety. But I am confident he’ll at work be a solid nickel safety which is almost as important.

Pick 189. WR/KR Mechole Hardman Georgia

Deep Threat 4.34 forty. I think we can groom him to be our poor man’s Desean Jackson in Monken’s offense.

Pick 221. QB Gardner Minshew Washington State

Baker Jr. Hopefully he never plays anything outside of the pre season, but seems like he’ll be good for the QB room.

On 3/22/2019 at 9:00 AM, MWil23 said:

I'd love Simmons.

I also love Love, but I'd be surprised if he dropped to the late 3rd. 

Anything can happen though!

Anything is possible but there is no way he falls to the 3rd, prolly no way he falls out of the top40

I am not a fan of drafting a guy high, who will sit for the year. Maybe last year they could get away with having a guy develop/recover but the way Dorsey is approaching this season, he wants the coaches to have as much ammo to do as much damage as possible on both sides of the ball. So makes me believe they want a guy who can play right away

3 hours ago, buno67 said:

Anything is possible but there is no way he falls to the 3rd, prolly no way he falls out of the top40

I have a mid 3rd round grade on Julian Love. I could see him slipping there. I actually do kinda like him, but I don't think he's some great prospect either. I see him as an average #2 CB in the NFL at his peak. 

10 hours ago, buno67 said:

I am not a fan of drafting a guy high, who will sit for the year. Maybe last year they could get away with having a guy develop/recover but the way Dorsey is approaching this season, he wants the coaches to have as much ammo to do as much damage as possible on both sides of the ball. So makes me believe they want a guy who can play right away

I agree, but I would take it a step further to say that Simmons is damaged goods and should be off the draft board completely. 

Maybe 6th round you can take a risk (like Brantley), but not with the first pick we have. Or the second. Or the third. Or....

19 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

I agree, but I would take it a step further to say that Simmons is damaged goods and should be off the draft board completely. 

Maybe 6th round you can take a risk (like Brantley), but not with the first pick we have. Or the second. Or the third. Or....

Wait wut?

Why?  The ACL or the incident in 2016?

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If you think dropping a top 10 talent to the 6th because of an ACL is reasonable, I’m not sure where this conversation goes from here.

I guess we’ll agree to disagree.

Talent is useless in street clothes. 

What's unreasonable is to expect a 300 pound lineman coming into the league with a bad knee to be an impact player for you at some point in the future. Fatties tend to have a more difficult road back from an ACL tear, and rarely do they ever perform at the same level again.

The whole idea of drafting a guy and giving him a medical redshirt in year one is so overwhelmingly unsuccessful, that you have to wonder why people keep trying. Same reason people play Powerball, I guess. 

1 hour ago, ditchdigger said:

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Wait wut?

Why?  The ACL or the incident in 2016?

54 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Either would be enough for me. Both is overkill.

52 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If you think dropping a top 10 talent to the 6th because of an ACL is reasonable, I’m not sure where this conversation goes from here.

I guess we’ll agree to disagree.

26 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Talent is useless in street clothes. 

What's unreasonable is to expect a 300 pound lineman coming into the league with a bad knee to be an impact player for you at some point in the future. Fatties tend to have a more difficult road back from an ACL tear, and rarely do they ever perform at the same level again.

The whole idea of drafting a guy and giving him a medical redshirt in year one is so overwhelmingly unsuccessful, that you have to wonder why people keep trying. Same reason people play Powerball, I guess. 

My champion.

Archived