Round by Round Mock (you make the pick...#114 &118 on page 7)

squire12

Going to do a round by round type mock.  Each day (or so) I will post a group of players that would be on the board for the corresponding GB Packers pick.  Certainly you can agree or disagree with the players that are going to be listed, but as we get further along in the draft, the variance of big boards increases.  The idea of this is to make your pick without knowing what players will be available at future picks at various positions.  

So....here we go.    Let's go with this list of players being drafted in the top 11, teams and slots may be different, but this is what you have to work with.

1 Arizona Cardinals Kyler Murray
2 San Francisco 49ers Quinnen Williams
3 New York Jets Nick Bosa
4 Oakland Raiders Josh Allen
5 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Ed Oliver
6 New York Giants Dwayne Haskins
7 Jacksonville Jaguars Montez Sweat
8 Detroit Lions Rashan Gary
9 Buffalo Bills Jawaan Taylor
10 Denver Broncos Drew Lock
11 Cincinnati Bengals Jonah Williams
12 Green Bay Packers  

Players that might be considered as the top options....

Brian Burns

Clelin Ferrell

Devin White

Dk Metcalf

Christian Wilkins

Byron Murphy

I went with Brian Burns.  More of a pick for 2020 when Fackrell could be gone after his rookie contract expires.   Young EDGE player with room to grow and for 2019, he slots in as EDGE 3/4 depending on how Zadarius Smith is used in the pressure packages. 

I'm gonna go with Burns as well. Put this positional need to rest for a few years. I'll tell ya - I like the size and body mass of Ferrell. Looks a bit like Davenport and could probably go mano y mano with OT's better than Burns will at this juncture - but Burns is the pick.

Wouldn't rule out a trade down, kind of cooled on Devin White, been hearing the Giants aren't that high on Haskins not being mobile.  But if I had to make the pick looking at the size of the edge rushers just signed looks like the pick would be Ferrell, but I think Burns may become the better player in the long run if he keeps the weight. So my pick would be Burns from the list, but really hope for a trade down to 15-21 and pick up an extra 2nd.

Archived