Round by Round Mock (you make the pick...#114 &118 on page 7)

squire12

Burns and Bush for years to come.  Bush is the guy who will help us get off the field on 3rd down.  Letting Ryan get away and the lack of playing time for Burks points to need.  Bush might be the best LB in the draft.  Safety will be there at #44.

12 hours ago, incognito_man said:

very little NFL production

unproven

8.5 sacks as freshman with 9.5 TFL and 10 sacks with 15.5 TFL as a Junior isn't production? Not sure what happened his Sophomore year. 

Looks at Burns and Ferrells first three years(Ferrell red-shirted while Burns didn't). In that third year they almost have the same production. Him and Montez Sweat have basically the exact same production in their third years. He had better production in his 3rd year than Josh Allen from Kentucky. He has better production than Rashan Gary in any of his years basically. He has better career production that Jachai Polite. He had the same amount of sacks his freshman year as Nick Bosa did his Sophomore year. 

If Burns lacks production and is unproven than I guess we aren't taking an edge early this year by those standards. 

8 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

12: Brian Burns
30: Jeffery Simmons

Wouldn't be sad about this at all. Then grab a safety at 44 to basically completely rebuild the defense(might need an ILB) and go offense with the majority of our remaining picks( possibly grabbing corner depth and maybe mid round ILB).

Just now, Victor1124 said:

Wouldn't be sad about this at all. Then grab a safety at 44 to basically completely rebuild the defense(might need an ILB) and go offense with the majority of our remaining picks( possibly grabbing corner depth and maybe mid round ILB).

Who's (or what postition) is next?
TE? CB? OL?

3 minutes ago, Victor1124 said:

Don't see the Packers taking someone who isn't going to help Day 1 at 30 IMO.

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Who's (or what postition) is next?
TE? CB? OL?

Unless we sign another safety, I would probably be looking at one of those. Say Adderly or Chauncey Garner if the fall or if they really like a guy like Thornill. 

Only TE's i am taking in the first two rounds are Fant and Hockenson but they will probably be gone by 44. Risner would get consideration but we have a decent sized hole at safety next to Amos compared to the state of our O-line. I would only grab a corner if they felt a top end guy like Greedy would be a stud( in which we would have to use a 1st on him) or a mid round pick. 

Just now, CWood21 said:

Somewhere @Outpost31 is raging...

Actually, contrary to popular belief, I am fine with any position at 30th overall if we keep that pick.  It's a bonus pick in my eyes.  Lots of really good tight ends, receivers, IOL and ILBs have been picked at 25 and beyond. 

I used to be adamant about none of those four position groups in the first round period, but when I actually looked back, it's clear to me that the premium positions worth a first round pick are typically gone by 25.  25 is that sweet spot in the draft where you start going BPA regardless of position. 

If Hockenson, Fant, Bush or some 10 year guard are available at 30th overall, that's good value that I'm more than okay with.

It's just that 12th overall pick I'm gonna be

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

10 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Don't see the Packers taking someone who isn't going to help Day 1 at 30 IMO.

I don't either necessarily but with our free agency and if we grabbed a safety at 44, we could possibly afford to red-shirt a guy like Simmons, especially if they thought he was a top 10 player at a position of value. 

We really need an IDL who can generate pressure up the middle. snagging Simmons at 44 would be a better scenario. 

4 minutes ago, Victor1124 said:

Unless we sign another safety, I would probably be looking at one of those. Say Adderly or Chauncey Garner if the fall or if they really like a guy like Thornill. 

Only TE's i am taking in the first two rounds are Fant and Hockenson but they will probably be gone by 44. Risner would get consideration but we have a decent sized hole at safety next to Amos compared to the state of our O-line. I would only grab a corner if they felt a top end guy like Greedy would be a stud( in which we would have to use a 1st on him) or a mid round pick. 

I dont think either Adderley or CGJ are gonna make it to 30 - no less beyond - so taking Simmons wouldnt be my play. I wouldnt mind if GB moved up from 30 to snag one of them.

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

I dont think either Adderley or CGJ are gonna make it to 30 - no less beyond - so taking Simmons wouldnt be my play. I wouldnt mind if GB moved up from 30 to snag one of them.

ideally, you could take one of those two at 30 and then get Simmons at 44(unless the Patriots snag him up.) Thornhill and Hooker tested pretty well and could maybe be that tier 2 high safety at 44. 

54 minutes ago, Victor1124 said:

8.5 sacks as freshman with 9.5 TFL and 10 sacks with 15.5 TFL as a Junior isn't production? Not sure what happened his Sophomore year. 

Looks at Burns and Ferrells first three years(Ferrell red-shirted while Burns didn't). In that third year they almost have the same production. Him and Montez Sweat have basically the exact same production in their third years. He had better production in his 3rd year than Josh Allen from Kentucky. He has better production than Rashan Gary in any of his years basically. He has better career production that Jachai Polite. He had the same amount of sacks his freshman year as Nick Bosa did his Sophomore year. 

If Burns lacks production and is unproven than I guess we aren't taking an edge early this year by those standards. 

oh you guys...

it was a joke...NFL production

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

oh you guys...

it was a joke...NFL production

I noticed that and part of me thought that but I decided it was a typo and couldn't stop lol.

I was actually surprised how his production stacked up against the other top pass rushers so this was a good learning experience lol. 

Archived