2019 Mock Draft: Número Cuatro [UPDATE]

DoleINGout

27 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I see him as more of a third/fourth as well, despite the name. I think Oruwariye is in a higher tier than Rock and Lonnie.

I agree with you on Ya-Sin. But Lonnie is long armed and pretty sticky in coverage. Not afraid to tangle in the run, pretty disciplined too. He's a little under the radar imo

5 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I agree with you on Ya-Sin. But Lonnie is long armed and pretty sticky in coverage. Not afraid to tangle in the run, pretty disciplined too. He's a little under the radar imo

I would take Johnson over Rock too, but Oruwariye could have gone in the first with a better combine IMO.

12 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I would take Johnson over Rock too, but Oruwariye could have gone in the first with a better combine IMO.

He has potential but is limited for sure. I like Savion Smith quite a bit. 5 star recruit out of high school. Started for Alabama last year, great player.

4 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

I am unaware of what you're talking about. Only knock against Simmons I know of is his recent injury.

He was un-invited to the combine for hitting a woman. There is tape on the altercation and its bad.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/mississippi-state-allows-5-star-commit-videotaped-hitting-a-woman-to-enroll/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG4KN3ejSsg

On 3/17/2019 at 5:22 PM, DoleINGout said:

@Kodaraw Btw how do you think Christian Wilkins fits into the Giants scheme if he were the pick instead of Ed Oliver at #6? I imagine it's not much of a difference to James Bettcher. With Oliver's injury concern from last seasom and Wilkins pass rush specialty it might actually be a safer investment and better fit.

Personally I don’t think he’s the same caliber of player as Oliver, but I haven’t watched him near as much. However, Gettleman is unpredictable to say the least ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. He seems to be an above average drafter and piss poor offseason GM 

I can dig this for the Falcons We hit the trenches hard with some quality players and pick up some good picks while still drafting Lawrence who is a great pick in the 1st place.

Dieter and Ferguson aren't bad picks they hit needs and even though their not my 2 favorite players at their positions they are still solid players i could see picked for us.

I would say target a CB and a pass rushing DT/DE in round 3 then a power back with 1 of our round 4's then BPA from then on

On 3/17/2019 at 9:02 AM, DoleINGout said:

I was thinking the value/potential ratio plus Jason Peters probably going to the bench or retiring in another year was good enough reason to try and keep the so-far injury prone Wentz healthy.

Tried to address needs and value with picks I think the teams would make although I didn't consider Burns at 30 long enough. Thanks.

How is depth at RT keeping Wentz healthy.
If Peters retires/breaks down plugging in a rookie isn't going to protect him.
They will probably draft a tackle with LT potential.
Also, they are grooming a LT in Mailata, albeit a longshot.

Meanwhile, the defense is down two DT's.

11 hours ago, m haynes said:

That does alter my opinion a bit but I have not heard anything of it to this point and the incident happened three years ago while he was breaking up an altercation between his sister and another female. Idk if it would prevent the Pats from making the pick tbh.

16 hours ago, DR43 said:

Very much disagree with the Steelers picks.

I would see them going Devin Bush in round 1 and either Amani Oruwariye, , Hakeem Butler, or Josh Oliver in round 2 based on your mock.

@cjfollett Thoughts? Thoughts on Kahale Warring at tight end in round two versus Josh Oliver? I think Oliver has a good chance to be the best tight end in this class with Noah Fant.

Why would the Texans trade their 2nd and 3rd to move up for a guy most mocks have them taking at 23rd. Doesn't make any sense and would never happen plus with Gaines philosophy of building thru the draft he's more likely to move back and gain some more ammo, this draft is deep in the late rds for corner and Oline help. 

haskins is fine but im thinking the team will go with Hockenson to give foles a dynamic TE option like he had in philly. 

round 2 i pass on Deionte thompson. doesnt seem like a great pick and i feel that the team wants to move forward with either Cody Davis or Jarrod Wilson(who we resigned for like 3 years 9 million) as our FS.  i would personally pick between:

1)Justin Layne: layne has athletic comps to ramsey, cromartie, rhodes.  sign me up for that so we can potentially replace bouye next year(ramsey isnt looking likely to playing on the option year so we will need to open up some cash somehow and i cant recall a team devoting 30+ million on a set of corners.   it would also give us the potential of letting ramsey perhaps play anywhere in the secondary  as well. 

2) Chris Lindstorm: while we did resign Cann he needs to be pushed as he let up a tremendous number of pressures in pass pro. lindstorm fits the mold if we want to keep a power run offense and would thrive there at RG. 

3) AJ brown: some argue hes better then Metcalf but thats a whole different debate. we could use a good wr for foles to throw 2 besides Dede and lee and chark. 

4)Jeffery simmons: from a purely talent standpoint he probably should be the pick as we look to revamp our DT position.  bryan was a good start but hes still a bit of a project tho he showed some flashes last year.  dareus is gonna be a year older and still making a lot of money and we still have abry jones under contract at around 4 million so we could use another new talent.  wether he plays or not i feel this team has taken some injury risk picks before(Fournette and resigning lee(dudes always seemingly hurt) and you can never have enough good DL. 

On 3/19/2019 at 10:36 AM, DoleINGout said:

@cjfollett Thoughts? Thoughts on Kahale Warring at tight end in round two versus Josh Oliver? I think Oliver has a good chance to be the best tight end in this class with Noah Fant.

I see plenty of people giving Bush to the Steelers at #20. Most people I've discussed this with just do not see Bush being more than a SS, and not worth a 1st round pick. He is just over matched by NFL-level talent. Steelers really need a solid CB. Burns has proven to be not any good, and Haden is in his last year.  The FA they signed is not a long-term solution.

I like TE Oliver in the 2nd, but would prefer him in the third. I would take Mack from Alabama if he is on the board at #52.  

Archived