Bored/Final Mock, for real this time.

rickyt31

TRADES: 

Image result for trae waynes vikings

D.Lee -> <- Bengals 3rd.

4th R. Pick -> <- Falcons' 4th + 5th (For Dline or RB prospect)

3rd (Saints) + 2020 pick? -> <- Vikings' Trae Waynes (Zone coverage 53.7 vs Man 70.5) (4.3 speed) 

3rd + 4th -> <- Eagles' 2nd (57th)

DRAFT: 

Image result for josh allen kentucky 2018

1. Josh Allen, 6'5 260lbs

It's so hard to pass up on him. He's elite and I love the confidence he plays with. Cousins turned us down, we came away with Sam.

Barr turned us down, and we're going to come away with Allen. On the Opposite side of him, we have a 25yr old Jenkins coming from 7 sacks + Mosely + Williamson. Nasty SEC group. 

Image result for erik mccoy texas a&m

2 (Eagles). Erik McCoy, C, 6'4 303lbs

We're going to need someone that can start early. After gaining 3rd round picks, we're able to jump the Saints& Chiefs for McCoy. 

Experienced Center/OG with 4.89 speed to get to the LB's (For Bell's patient style). 

Image result for bobby evans oklahoma

3(Bengals). Bobby Evans, OT, 6'4 312lbs

Strong BPA move. I can see him developing behind Beachum but also moving to RT if Shell falls or moves to RG. 

The long term plan will be to turn him into Shell or Beachum's replacement. 

Related image

5(Falcons). Ed Alexander, NT, 6'3 331lbs

The run stuffer we need. He takes on double teams and moves pretty well on the line. He'll open up gaps for the LB's

and other DE's. McLendon is a great leader, but we need to improve that terrible run defense. 

Image result for JALIN MOORE app

6(Chi/Raiders). Jalin Moore, RB, 5'11 205lbs 

This dude was lighting it up before his injury. I was going to sneak Bryce Love with this pick, but I can see him going 5th. 

We've never avoided adding competition at the RB spot. A sleeper than could become a nice 1-2 Punch with Bell or 3 headed monster with them and McGuire. 

Related image

7.  Cole Tracy, K, 5'11 188lbs

We let a Pro-Bowler walk & I doubt we're going to just hand Kat the job. CT is a record-setting Kicker. Even when Folks looked great, we continued to 

bring competition until we moved on. He's going to beat Kat for the job. 

KEY UDFA: 

Image result for jazz ferguson northwestern state

JAZZ FERGUSON, Northwestern State / LSU

I can see us taking a shot at him. He's someone that can develop into a starter. 

NOTES:

21 hours ago, rampantjet said:

Not bad at all.  Though you think Jazz goes undrafted?  Someone is going to take a flier on a 6'5 guy who ran a 4.45 and jumped really well.  

Definitely building through the trenches.   

My other option was Felton Davis III from Michigan State. I looked around and didn't see his name mentioned much in any mocks. He could very well get drafted, but he wouldn't be the first in his situation to not get drafted. There were about 4 names I liked for potential UDFA's. 

4 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

Zero chance Lee yields a 3rd rounder pal 

I wouldn't say zero. If I would have mocked Antonio Brown getting traded for a 3rd + 5th, no one would have believed me. Bengals had the 29th worst run defense and deal last vs the past. They missed out on key free agents that could help them and if the draft doesn't go there way, I think Macc could pull it off. 

3 hours ago, ekill08x said:

I would love this draft. 

Thanks. I wanted to challenge myself to see what I could do without trading back. If we can pull off another 3rd or even 4th round pick, I think we can still have a great draft without trading back our #3.

3 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I wouldn't say zero. If I would have mocked Antonio Brown getting traded for a 3rd + 5th, no one would have believed me. Bengals had the 29th worst run defense and deal last vs the past. They missed out on key free agents that could help them and if the draft doesn't go there way, I think Macc could pull it off. 

Lee is on the final year of his rookie contract and has a 10 mil option for next year.  Most beat reporters have pegged his value at a 5th rounder.  Also, if Cincy need a good run defense LB, then they definitely wouldn't want Lee ;)

1 minute ago, barnaby8787 said:

Lee is on the final year of his rookie contract and has a 10 mil option for next year.  Most beat reporters have pegged his value at a 5th rounder.  Also, if Cincy need a good run defense LB, then they definitely wouldn't want Lee ;)

There are a lot of things writers thought would happen that didn't. Bengals need help everywhere. Just like how we viewed Barr as a 34 LB playing in 43 scheme, Lee could be in the same situation. As I'm typing this, they just released Burfit. if it isn't a 3rd, I'm betting on a 4th.

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Like building the trenches… but this seems like too much of it.

It's the weakest part of our team right now. I think it has to be done if we're looking to protect Sam and improve the defense. 

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Like building the trenches… but this seems like too much of it.

I would hope for at least two OL in this draft.  Maybe the NT was overkill depending on what we think of Fatukasi in that role but if we really want to transition into more of a 43, a 43 type DE would fit

1 minute ago, rickyt31 said:

It's the weakest part of our team right now. I think it has to be done if we're looking to protect Sam and improve the defense. 

I don't disagree (although I don't think DT is a big need). But to think we spend the majority of our picks all on that area isn't realistic IMO.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

I don't disagree (although I don't think DT is a big need). But to think we spend the majority of our picks all on that area isn't realistic IMO.

Normally we wouldn't, but there isn't a lot of options. He loaded up in almost all the skill positions besides #2 CB spot. If he picks up another vet for that position, it only leaves the trenches as the spot that need day 1 starters or depth. Even going BPA in the middle rounds still leaves the trench top players on top. 

1 minute ago, rickyt31 said:

Normally we wouldn't, but there isn't a lot of options. He loaded up in almost all the skill positions besides #2 CB spot. If he picks up another vet for that position, it only leaves the trenches as the spot that need day 1 starters or depth. Even going BPA in the middle rounds still leaves the trench top players on top. 

I think WR will be valued more than you have it, but that's just me. We have just Crowder really under contract after this upcoming season. Robby has off the field issues, Enunwa injury issues. So I look for us to add a WR in the draft at a quality pick. Maybe 1 of our 3rd or the 4th.

Archived