Worst Case Scenario at 12:

PossibleCabbage

So suppose the Packers are on the clock, the following player are unavailable having been picked in the first 11:

• Kyler Murray, QB - Oklahoma

• Nick Bosa, Edge - Ohio State

• Quinnen Williams, IDL - Alabama

• Josh Allen, Edge - Kentucky

• Devin White, LB, - LSU

• Rashan Gary, Edge, - Michigan

• Jawaan Taylor, OT - Florida

• Montez Sweat, Edge - Mississippi State

• Brian Burns, Edge - Florida State

• Ed Oliver, IDL - Houston

• Andre Dillard, OT - Washington State

Now the Packers are in prime position to trade 12 for a team looking for a QB, but further assume that the high bidder for the QB is MIami, who picks 13th so the Packers would get extra picks, but the Packers would sit at 13 with extra picks but the same pool of players (minus a QB) available.   Who is your preference in this (unlikely but not completely implausible) scenario?

Ugh. I hate to say it, but I'd be taking Hock or even Devin Bush at that point. I'm assuming we couldn't trade down any lower for a price that makes sense for us, so I'd just bite the bullet and take one of them there. Them's the breaks. 

Actually, I'd have DK Metcalf ahead of both of these guys, if I just knew how scared to be about his medical

That is the easiest non-worst case scenario I have ever seen in my life.  Clellin Ferrell so fast the card we turn in becomes animate and gets whiplash and is the first ever inanimate object to sue a professional sports team. 

13 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Greedy Williams. Ferrell is milking an injury to not workout for scouts, pass.

I agree on Ferrell. I was the biggest Ferrell guy before the season started and everything that's happened since then has turned me sour on him. I think I prefer Byron Murphy if we're talking corner though. Greedy has bust written all over him 

50 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I figure in the room here .you would talk about: Ferrell, Hockenson/Fant, Tillery, Bush, and Jonah Williams.  Outside chance of maybe Wilkins?

Out of this group, I'd probably plug my nose and pick Tillery because of his pass rush upside on the interior. I'd be a fan of picking from this group if we traded down into the 16-20 range, but not at 12. 

Jachai Polite 9_9, jk. Jeffery Simmons would be my pick if he didn't tear his ACL.

I think Greedy Williams, Clelin Ferrell, Jonah Williams, and Christian Wilkins would get strong looks.

Bush, Hockenson, and Fant would probably be the better players but at positions of less value. 

If our staff thought Greedy Williams was legit then I would go with him but if they didn't, then I would probably go with Hockenson or Bush even though I am not a fan of taking a TE or ILB that high. 

11 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Greedy Williams. Ferrell is milking an injury to not workout for scouts, pass.

Agree on Ferrell. He seems very concerned that his athletic testing will hurt his draft stock imo. 

Not to mention, he is very similar to both of the Smith's that we just signed.

Also, with Haskins still available, there's no player in the draft that would provide as much value as trading down.  We could definitely get a big haul there.  Even from the Dolphins to keep other teams from trading up.  We could milk that pick for a whole whole whole lot. 

I don't see why Miami wouldn't just wait there. If the Giants really wanted a QB they'd take one at their #5. It seems unlikely they would want to outbid Miami with their second pick. Other key QB-needy teams all pick before #12. Still, it doesn't really affect who would be available to pick, so...............

1st choice Clelin Ferrell
2nd choice Christian Wilkins

Archived