Worst Case Scenario at 12:

PossibleCabbage

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Also, with Haskins still available, there's no player in the draft that would provide as much value as trading down.  We could definitely get a big haul there.  Even from the Dolphins to keep other teams from trading up.  We could milk that pick for a whole whole whole lot. 

Not disagreeing with you, but Miami's kinda tight on draft pick wiggly room IMO.
Not an astounding spread....

Total picks: 7.

» Round 1: No. 13 overall
» Round 2: No. 48
» Round 3: No. 78
» Round 4: No. 116
» Round 5: No. 151
» Round 7: Nos. 233 (from Titans), 234 (from Steelers through Browns)

Like someone said, with Haskins still available someone would be willing to trade up. I'm willing to bet that the Giants (assuming they don't take a QB at 6) or Raiders would trade up for Haskins. Question is, would we want to trade back to 24?

If we don't trade back, I'd be inclined to take Jeffery Simmons (best player available even despite the ACL tear) or Jerry Tillery (the chance upside pick). Jonah Williams would get some serious play there too. Hell, I'd even consider taking Haskins.

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Like someone said, with Haskins still available someone would be willing to trade up. I'm willing to bet that the Giants (assuming they don't take a QB at 6) or Raiders would trade up for Haskins. Question is, would we want to trade back to 24?

If we don't trade back, I'd be inclined to take Jeffery Simmons (best player available even despite the ACL tear) or Jerry Tillery (the chance upside pick). Jonah Williams would get some serious play there too. Hell, I'd even consider taking Haskins.

You would hope that GB would be able to find a trade partner to move down a few slots in hoping that someone would want to move up for either a QB or maybe Jonah Williams.   It is a less than ideal situation for sure.  Denver at 10 and Cincy at 11 are both options to take a QB.  

Just now, squire12 said:

You would hope that GB would be able to find a trade partner to move down a few slots in hoping that someone would want to move up for either a QB or maybe Jonah Williams.   It is a less than ideal situation for sure.  Denver at 10 and Cincy at 11 are both options to take a QB.  

Giants at 17 would be ideal. Maybe gain a 2020 2nd to do it? You'd still have a shot at Simmons and Tillery there. Not sure how I feel about Greedy Williams. 

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I don't think the Packers want to trade back that far.  With how the board shakes up, you're probably comfortable moving into that 15-18 range.

3 hours ago, Victor1124 said:

Agree on Ferrell. He seems very concerned that his athletic testing will hurt his draft stock imo. 

Not to mention, he is very similar to both of the Smith's that we just signed.

This is why I've kind of dropped off Ferrell in my thinking for #12.  GB just spent a lot of money on two guys with similar traits, so I'm not really expecting Gute to be adding Ferrell at #12.  Then again, if that's the kind of edge they want in this defense, I wouldn't complain too much about adding a third guy who can rotate in without much of a drop off.

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

This is why I've kind of dropped off Ferrell in my thinking for #12.  GB just spent a lot of money on two guys with similar traits, so I'm not really expecting Gute to be adding Ferrell at #12.  Then again, if that's the kind of edge they want in this defense, I wouldn't complain too much about adding a third guy who can rotate in without much of a drop off.

It'll be pretty clear if Pettine has a firm body type if they take Ferrell.

25 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

It'll be pretty clear if Pettine has a firm body type if they take Ferrell.

I'd be disappointed if they did so unless both Burns and Sweat are gone. Seems like a waste to draft Ferrell, who's a redundancy to the Smiths versus complementing them with a speed guy, especially Burns. 

Archived