Worst Case Scenario at 12:

PossibleCabbage

57 minutes ago, spilltray said:

Ew... Please no. First off WR is of questionable value as a position. Then as a prospect, I don't like Metcalf at all.

I've been on the DK train since pre combine, so this isn't recency combine homerism.

DK isn't a normal prospect. He legitimately has best wr in the league potential. Only 1 guy every 3-5 years that measures up to him athletically (Mike Evans is probably the last). He is a mismatch weapon, which you can see on his tape. My only concern is his neck, which if it wasn't for that he'd have been a top 5 lock.

I mean the thing about Metcalf is- do the Packers really need another big, tall and linear WR after adding MVS and ESB?  Not saying Metcalf isn't better than those guys, but it seems like you're just doubling down on the same type.  IMO, a receiver corps should be like a basketball team and you don't want to line up with just Power Forwards.

10 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean the thing about Metcalf is- do the Packers really need another big, tall and linear WR after adding MVS and ESB?  Not saying Metcalf isn't better than those guys, but it seems like you're just doubling down on the same type.  IMO, a receiver corps should be like a basketball team and you don't want to line up with just Power Forwards.

My thoughts as well. If we take a WR on Day 1-2, I want it to be someone who can excel in the slot—Deebo, Brown, Isabella, etc.

10 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

How? Cordarralle was a gimmick player/return man coming out who never learned to run routes. DK is a pure wr who is more athletic and bigger.

Actually, they both had good 40 times, verts, etc, but ran horrid 3 cones. With DK's being even worse than Cordarralle's.

1 hour ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I think Metcalf's ceiling is so big.... but yeah, MVS runs a limited tree, so will Metcalf. If you've watched Kollman's youtube vid on Metcalf, it would probably pump you up a bit. 

Our potential is so high for the WR room it's hard to even consider adding one that high. Like Cwood says, they would have to be able to be better from Day 1 than the 2nd year guys

Archived