Your favorite Bucs games?

y*so*blu

For a team with such a mixed history that didn't exist until '76, the Bucs have been in a lot of great football games. They may not be "my team" but I support them more than anybody else in the NFC South. So without further ado, here we go. I narrowed my list down to three.

vs St. Louis Rams, 12/19/2000: Because how could it not be on the list? It was their first shot at the Rams since the '99-'00 NFCCG and the Bert Emanuel catch-that-should-have-been. St. Louis' offense was still firing on all cylinders but their historically bad defense was becoming a liability. The Bucs, who had scored 30+ points only once in 1999, did so four times in 2000 while their defense continued to excel. They did it for the fifth time here, knocking off the Rams in a 38-35 MNF classic.

vs Washington Redskins, 11/13/2005: The Bucs had changed radically just five years later: different coach, different GM and lots of turnover on offense. Under pressure to get back to playoff form, they responded with a dynamite season in '05. Chris Simms, son of Phil, had the best game of his pro career with support from ROTY Cadillac Williams. A dramatic showdown ended with the Bucs final TD drive when, instead of a game-tying extra point, they went temporarily insane and rolled the dice on a two-point conversion. The gamble paid off thanks to one of my favorite fullbacks to ever play the game, Mike Alstott, and Tampa won 36-35.

vs Green Bay Backers, Throwback Day, 11/8/2009: With the Gruden era officially over, the Bucs were in the midst of an 0-7 collapse. Their QB was a 21-year-old kid named Josh Freeman making his first professional start. The Packers had problems of their own with their defense still adjusting to a new scheme and Aaron Rodgers' o-line struggling to protect him, but everyone predicted an easy win for them. Instead Rodgers threw three picks and was sacked six times as Freeman led a team of no-names and has-beens to a stunning 38-28 upset.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Beating the Eagles in Philly on our way to the Super Bowl. Ronde closing it out with the 90 yard INT return... Perfection.

Yep

Came in here to say this 

JUREVICIOUS getting the O kick started after a big kick return and quick TD by the eagles 

What a game 

On 3/17/2019 at 12:02 PM, bucsfan333 said:

Beating the Eagles in Philly on our way to the Super Bowl. Ronde closing it out with the 90 yard INT return... Perfection.

When I read the thread title this was the first game that came to my mind.  I will always remember the Super Bowl but to me its was that game.  HM would be the season opener the next season against the Eagle and Joes crazy endzone tip/catch to himself.

17 minutes ago, YoungBucs15 said:

When I read the thread title this was the first game that came to my mind.  I will always remember the Super Bowl but to me its was that game.  HM would be the season opener the next season against the Eagle and Joes crazy endzone tip/catch to himself.

That catch was crazy

Jurevicious was my favorite player for a whileeeee 

I think he was Lithuanian,  had like this odd tattoo

Archived