Raiders offer trade down scenario with top 10 team for first four picks

Money

Is what one would say if they were being given the Keys To the Kingdom.

DETROIT. Is a town of the simple man. And this team Titans of Gruden and Mayock are steamrolling the league with their free agent acquisitions, hustles of trades, as they map the network and circulate the landscape that is the NFL Offseason. Here I came today to form a tryst. One of the upmost nature. Terms of endearment are simple. Just Win Baby...

This trade is possibly best orchestrated pre-draft. Work Detroit for change - Detroit needs a new LeBron James. I don't think Murray goes 1st overall. He should. Let AZ go on the Bosa train. Then begins the fall. The sale of Detroit is of a new beginning. The days of Matthew Stafford are over [he's a perennial gunslinger with no discipline and a complete whiny 'me' player that's more statistician than he is winner] and in with that comes dead money and saved money in the wallet of the owner, in this case, $49m. And that actually eats up a lot of their remaining cap space ensuring the Lions a poor season, unless Murray does it by himself. The reason I like Detroit is they need to make a splash. And they want to give their Head Coach a chance at "his guy" - like they see in New Orleans in the relationship of Sean Payton/Drew Brees. The QB/Head Coach should be attached at the hip, and their lives are forever linked, if not were it also intertwined to the GM, all at the same time, a triangle, and trio, where responsibilities are different, but the blame will be shared by all on failure of the objective. Patricia might be given leeway, and he's going for his guy, which happens to be a spread QB in Kyler Murray. This is the type of athlete Detroit needs to get their mojo back.  

OAK acquires DET 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and their 2020 1st in exchange for Kyler Murray 

...until there's a better deal - out of thin air

THREE TEAM TRADE

OAKLAND

NYG 1st, 6th overall

DET 1st, 9th overall

Matthew Stafford QB

DETROIT

OAK 1st, 4th overall

OAK 2nd, 35th overall

Karl Joseph S

NEW YORK GIANTS

OAK 1st, 24th overall

DET 3rd, 89th overall

Derek Carr QB

Matthew Stafford agrees to convert $12.5m of his 2019 salary into a signing bonus. So, when you trade him again, because he's not the answer either, he will play for $1m salary + potential $500k workout bonus. Or a cap hit of $1.5m. The point of doing it like this is making a point that's your best and only shot to win a Super Bowl with a QB like Matt Stafford. Only if you get a gunslinger for free, does he have any worth to the team. Otherwise, he's a negative.

Seattle struggling with the Russell Wilson negotiations, and I'm sure a power struggle after the loss of Paul Allen, might be keen to take a shot at a cost-effective solution with a franchise QB, if it means they better themselves as an organization. Russell Wilson has led that Seattle team and made them a playoff contender. Now the defense is gone, and I feel it's time for all parties to move on.

OAK trades Matt Stafford to SEA for their 1st rd pick, 21st overall. 

Leaving Russell Wilson to the Bucs for the 5th overall and 2020 1st. In which case, they trade QBs and move up as opposed to move down in the earlier example. Plus, they get a QB on the cheap.

Oakland - 6th overall - Ed Oliver DT #90

Simple. Build the nastiest, dirtiest, defense because at the end of the day you need something to hang your hat on. Jonathan Hankins is not enough, and this is a pure Mayock play here, and one I disagree with, which is why, I'm going Ed Oliver to give that defense some teeth. They need an Aaron Donald type player. The up-the-middle pass rush is the most lethal and to get an interior defensive line presence like this at this spot is extremely rare. This player should end up in Canton. 

Oakland - 9th overall - Devin White LB #40

Maybe the most exciting ILB of all-time. On the level of Ryan Shazier in terms of playmaking. This player should end up in Canton as well.

Oakland - 21st overall - Brian Burns EDGE 6'5" 249 4.53 #99

Canton just isn't as far from home as it used to be. This is my #1 player if not for the two guys in front of him. Think Aldon Smith. 

Oakland - 27th overall - TJ Hockenson TE 

I'm thinking he'll fall in the draft for sure, because he's a white tight end. But I'm just getting this Dallas Clark type feel with this guy. Sure-fire hands. Decent speed and a smart football player. Not too mention his blocking ability. Maybe get Oakland to become a more balanced team. When I think of smart teams and the trendiness of the NFL, this is the type of guy that can run the gadgets, and give you those splash type plays, but then he can also give you the meat and potatoes in the blocking. Therefore, he's the complete package and has a chance to be Hall worthy if the team does well. Kelce.... but with better blocking ability and hands

Oakland - 106th overall - Will Harris S Boston College #28

Another Canton, probably. Looking for some Mayock bias here. Because the kid can play. Game changer in the secondary. Fast, physical, imposing presence. 12 year veteran in the NFL. Karl Joseph rehabilitated his value but he is still undersized and with Joyner back there makes the safeties really undersized. Harris at 6'1" 209 helps solve that problem as he could develop into a Brian Dawkins. 

Oakland - 141st overall - Tyree Jackson QB Buffalo #3

Maybe my favorite QB this class and you get a shot at him down here. When I take this guy, I'm thinking if I can work with him for two years and make sure he knows the playbook in and out so when he gets out there he can just play like he did this year. Hopefully, with an evolution into a new version of Tyree Jackson that is even more athletic and has developed a "touch" with the ball.

Oakland - 220th overall - Jamal Davis LB AKRON

I love this guy. And I can't figure out why he is down in the UDFA rankings. This player can be a force in the NFL.

Oakland - 237th overall - Jaylen Smith WR LOUISVILLE

Think he goes undrafted, so he should be available here. Still hasn't had an accurate QB to get him the ball. Great tools. Think the skills are there. Just not the timing with the QB. 

And then I tank and start Nathan Peterman and proceed to go 1-15, because there's no rule that I can't get maximum value out of my pick. Positioning myself for the 2020 NFL Draft in Las Vegas where I will be announcing the new face of the franchise. 

And then I tank and start Nathan Peterman and proceed to go 1-15, because there's no rule that I can't get maximum value out of my pick. Positioning myself for the 2020 NFL Draft in Las Vegas where I will be announcing the new face of the franchise. 

Why would anyone want this. I actually enjoy watching football. Do you hate all Raider fans?

46 minutes ago, #1RAIDER FAN said:

Why would anyone want this. I actually enjoy watching football. Do you hate all Raider fans?

I do not agree with this idea but if you enjoy watching football you’d enjoy all the games other teams as well. Going 1-15 one year to get your franchise QB and win a couple SB’s is far from a terrible idea (once again not agreeing here, just seeing his point of view). This is why so many teams get stuck in the 6-7 win range for years upon years. 

42 minutes ago, NickButera said:

That was my thoughts. 3 team trades for high picks like that, well I can't remember if there has ever been any done. Maybe 1 or 2?

Yeah baseball and basketball. Football trades are kinda rare to begin with. 

HATE IT!!!

Keep Carr make the pick at 4 if it's Bosa, Allen or Q if not trade down. If no trade the next Charles Woodson at the same spot. Greedy Williams

Hockenson at 24 or 27 depending on what happened with the #4. Otherwise might need to trade up to the teens to get Edge as we've got Key and dog poop.

Yo what is going on with this post lol

you put at the end of the day you need something to hang your hat on. Raiders have made it very clear what they will hang there hat on and that is on offense they shown that by what they did in FA. 

On 3/17/2019 at 4:54 PM, BayRaider said:

I do not agree with this idea but if you enjoy watching football you’d enjoy all the games other teams as well. Going 1-15 one year to get your franchise QB and win a couple SB’s is far from a terrible idea (once again not agreeing here, just seeing his point of view). This is why so many teams get stuck in the 6-7 win range for years upon years. 

I get taking risks to escape mediocrity but starting Peterman and drafting a 4th round QB is not a risk, it's actually just giving up on winning. And to be more clear, I enjoy watching my favorite football team play and win first, everything else second.

Archived