What made Hue Jackson such a terrible coach?

Bolts223

Honestly, I don't think this is the kind of question we're really able to know the answer to. So much of what makes any coach good, bad, great, or terrible is far enough behind the scenes that we're not going to be able to see it or judge it. We can try to judge based on results, and kind of one what others say, but plenty of people in the NFL have bad takes of their own.

He is not very smart, doesn’t take any personal responsibilitie whatsoever and throws players and other coaches under the bus at every opportunity.

Anyone really think that’s a formula for success.

He helped coach two teams to last place in the AFC North last season 😂😂😂 That surely is a very rare thing.

his total record is the second worst ever. Only one worse was a owner coach 

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

Honestly, I don't think this is the kind of question we're really able to know the answer to. So much of what makes any coach good, bad, great, or terrible is far enough behind the scenes that we're not going to be able to see it or judge it. We can try to judge based on results, and kind of one what others say, but plenty of people in the NFL have bad takes of their own.

There are some obvious mistakes.

Using the personal wrong.

Playing the wrong QB as much as possible. Kizer, over et al

Poor challenges 

Bad clock management

Throwing too much

Not running Crow/Duke enough

Not running the ball enough

I thought Hues 1st 5-6 games of '16 were solid. If we hadn't lost McCown qe probably start 2-4, beating bal and maimi. 

We probably win 1-2 after that for 4-12. 

Releasing McCoqn was a big mistake  he is a below average qb, when the other options were abysmal.

On 3/17/2019 at 10:18 PM, SwoleXmad said:

It's the browns, Hue Jackson is a good coach he just got ruined by the browns curse. 

He was fantastic as the raiders HC and a decent OC for cincy, how he regressed so hard is a mystery.

wut

14 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Aside from his record, pushing to draft Corey Coleman, passing on Wentz for RGIII, playing Kizer despite his entire staff and FO telling him he wasn’t ready, and trying to trade a 2nd and 3rd for McCarron:

He refused to delegate 

He refused to take any responsibility while simultaneously throwing his players and coaches under the bus

He was the Nate Silver and rest of the media leak

He was an awful developer of talent/game manager/play caller

u forgot to say benching kizer after saying he was gonna weather the storms of kizer even though he knew he wasnt ready
also lets not malign the name of Nate Sliver - Mike Silver tho screw that guy he sucks

i seriously cannot remember any offensive player getting better under his tutelage in cleveland.  higgins is probably the closest, except for under kitchens hubbard, and higgins got supremely better so i'll give him half for higgins

13 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Throwing too much

Not running Crow/Duke enough

Not running the ball enough

This is probably the worst. 

You know we've got a freaking rookie QB with no talent around him and we literally passed at the dumbest times. 

So glad that is all over 

1 hour ago, mistakey said:

i seriously cannot remember any offensive player getting better under his tutelage in cleveland.  higgins is probably the closest, except for under kitchens hubbard, and higgins got supremely better so i'll give him half for higgins

Idk know about that. Higgins seems like he got better because the browns added a legit WR. Higgins really improved once Henry and Baker walked in. I’d give those two all the credit before Hue sees any of it

Archived