Consensus Mock Draft - Post Combine - Pick 3 - New York Jets

Danger

Who will the Jets select with the third pick in the draft?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. -First Choice-

• QB Dwayne Haskins
    • OT Jawaan Taylor
    • DT Quinnen Williams
    • EDGE Josh Allen
    • WR DK Metcalf
    • LB Devin White
    • EDGE Montez Sweat
    • DL Rashan Gary
    • DT Ed Oliver
    • CB Greedy Williams
    • Other (Specify)
  2. 2. -Second Choice-

• QB Dwayne Haskins
    • OT Jawaan Taylor
    • DT Quinnen Williams
    • EDGE Josh Allen
    • WR DK Metcalf
    • LB Devin White
    • EDGE Montez Sweat
    • DL Rashan Gary
    • DT Ed Oliver
    • CB Greedy Williams
    • Other (Specify)
  3. 3. -Third Choice-

• QB Dwayne Haskins
    • OT Jawaan Taylor
    • DT Quinnen Williams
    • EDGE Josh Allen
    • WR DK Metcalf
    • LB Devin White
    • EDGE Montez Sweat
    • DL Rashan Gary
    • DT Ed Oliver
    • CB Greedy Williams
    • Other (Specify)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/19/2019 at 06:00 PM

Going to adopt the "1st choice, 2nd choice, 3rd choice" method. Meaning your first choice is worth 3 points, 2nd is worth 2, and 3rd is worth 1. Please do not select the same player multiple times in one selection. If you do, only the highest value will be taken for that and the lower duplicate votes will be discounted.

1. Arizona Cardinals: Kyler Murray, QB - Oklahoma
2. San Francisco 49ers: Nick Bosa, EDGE - Ohio State
3. New York Jets: 

More options will be added in later picks. If after 20+ votes the selection is clearly one person as the favorite we will move on to the next pick. Otherwise It will be ~24 hours before the poll closes. If there are 2/3 options that are close, there will be a runoff. This is who you think they WILL pick, not who they SHOULD pick.

22 minutes ago, CHOMP_CHOMP said:

I went other 1st choice because I expect the team to move down with someone here. 

Trades are too unpredictable, so we don't leave that as an option in these polls. Even if you think they trade down in this situation that's not going to be an option because of the sheer wild nature of the beast.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Trades are too unpredictable, so we don't leave that as an option in these polls. Even if you think they trade down in this situation that's not going to be an option because of the sheer wild nature of the beast.

I hear you, I mean we have past trades to look at as models. But I do agree, they are very unpredictable. In any case, its tough for me to predict a player that they will pick, when I think they will trade. But if they can't move, the pick would be Josh Allen in my opinion. 

I went Allen / Williams / Sweat. 

I think that there's no offensive lineman worth this pick, though I really would like to see that line further improved. Metcalf isn't worth the pick to me, and I think that they can actually get a pretty solid guy at the top of round 3 when they pick again at this position.  In the absence of o-line, EDGE is a pretty big need. Allen makes a ton of sense, as does Sweat. Williams I left in because for anyone picking at the top, he has to be seen as a viable option as BPA. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I went Allen / Williams / Sweat. 

I think that there's no offensive lineman worth this pick, though I really would like to see that line further improved. Metcalf isn't worth the pick to me, and I think that they can actually get a pretty solid guy at the top of round 3 when they pick again at this position.  In the absence of o-line, EDGE is a pretty big need. Allen makes a ton of sense, as does Sweat. Williams I left in because for anyone picking at the top, he has to be seen as a viable option as BPA. 

Metcalf is the extreme darkhorse here for me here.  I really think the Jets are going to do anything to make sure Darnold hits.  Whether it be an OT or WR, I think that's where the Jets go.

How Quinnen is not picked by the 49ers I have no idea.  Even if they are going for a 4/3 base which really with the signing of Ford I bet they trend toward more of a 3/4, if that is the case Bosa is probably out and Quinnen is in along with Buckner and Armstead would be a hell of a 3/4 DL front.  Then have Ford and Thomas on the outside along with some others.  

In terms of Jets I say Quinnen just because he is there but Josh Allen makes a ton of sense as well and is arguably a bigger need as a OLB.  

Just now, Forge said:

Thomas is in no way, shape or form an edge rusher. 

So they are going to a traditional 4/3 defense?  And to start that defense is sign one of the best 3/4 OLBs in the NFL in terms of sack productin in Dee Ford?  Not sure how that makes sense if that is the case and not sure how Dee Ford could hold up as a true 4/3 DE.  I guess maybe they got Ford/Armstead/Buckner/Thomas but then do what with Bosa, bench Thomas then he becomes a wasted pick no doubt.  Even if it is Ford/Armstead/Buckner/Bosa not sure that is a great front compared to Armstead/Q.Williams/Buckner then Dee Ford and Thomas or Blair and or another guy.

They do have Warner and Alexander but I think they could be ILBs in a 3/4 maybe, who knows.  

37 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

So they are going to a traditional 4/3 defense?  And to start that defense is sign one of the best 3/4 OLBs in the NFL in terms of sack productin in Dee Ford?  Not sure how that makes sense if that is the case and not sure how Dee Ford could hold up as a true 4/3 DE.  I guess maybe they got Ford/Armstead/Buckner/Thomas but then do what with Bosa, bench Thomas then he becomes a wasted pick no doubt.  Even if it is Ford/Armstead/Buckner/Bosa not sure that is a great front compared to Armstead/Q.Williams/Buckner then Dee Ford and Thomas or Blair and or another guy.

They do have Warner and Alexander but I think they could be ILBs in a 3/4 maybe, who knows.  

They play a 4-3 under, and Dee will be the Leo, but Solly can't rush from the edge. He can play an end spot as a run defender on base downs. Basically, he and armstead overlap in what they do for the most part. Armstead had more versatility on the line (will play SDE, 3 and 1 tech), and the hope is that Solly can provide a pass rush from the interior with Buck when armstead and Jones come off the field. This far however, Thomas had basically been a solid rush defender and that's it. But Solly shouldn't ever be rushing from the edge on passing downs.

At this point, Thomas is already a wasted pick and major bust. He needs to hope that he gets it right in this new role 

Archived