Dorsey - What have you done for us lately?

sonny44

2 minutes ago, Tomahawk said:

The Kessler pick wasn't the real issue.  Hue dropping the whole "trust me" crap about him is what the issue was.   We passed on Wentz, and then take Kessler, which I think we can all agree wasn't the BPA at the pick......That draft was a disaster in my opinion.  However it set us up to where we are at today, so I aint mad at it any more lol. 

I liked, didn’t love, Wentz, but I understand not going all in on the first hand with zero talent on the roster.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I liked, didn’t love, Wentz, but I understand not going all in on the first hand with zero talent on the roster.

Wentz was impossible to judge. Arm ability was certainly there but who knew about the rest. As far as team talent, a good QB makes the talent look better. Halfway through the Jets game I was wondering if we had the talent to win 2 games and enter Mayfield and we're winning 5 of 7 games to end the year. We certainly made mistakes on passing on QBs but we got ours now so I'll take it. Also with Hue as the head coach who knows what a QB would look like whether it was Wentz or Watson.

5 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Wentz was impossible to judge. Arm ability was certainly there but who knew about the rest.

Agreed.  I liked the frame, arm, reports about his intelligence and leadership traits, etc. but there were a ton of question marks.

As far as team talent, a good QB makes the talent look better. Halfway through the Jets game I was wondering if we had the talent to win 2 games and enter Mayfield and we're winning 5 of 7 games to end the year.

True, but to some extent.  Go back and look at that ‘16 roster. It’s night and day difference to the beginning of last year.  Coaching was an issue both at the beginning of last year and 2016 though too.

We certainly made mistakes on passing on QBs but we got ours now so I'll take it. Also with Hue as the head coach who knows what a QB would look like whether it was Wentz or Watson.

Well he made Baker look mediocre after benching him in favor of Taylor, so I wouldn’t like Wentz’s odds either.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Goff and Wentz were my heartthrobs that year. I liked Goff better because I thought he was better with his anticipation and accuracy. I was pretty convinced both would be franchise guys. 

But hey, we may have gotten one that’s better, so 🤷🏼‍♂️

Also rehashed for the 5th or so time. You guys want my thoughts on Couch and Culpepper?