Dorsey - What have you done for us lately?

sonny44

4 hours ago, ReggieCamp said:

I could be completely wrong, but don’t get used to us spending big money in free agency. We just badly needed a talent boost.

We are going to transition to a pure draft and develop franchise. We just needed some juice to get this baby off the ground first.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I could be completely wrong, but don’t get used to us spending big money in free agency. We just badly needed a talent boost.

We are going to transition to a pure draft and develop franchise. We just needed some juice to get this baby off the ground first.

What role is this guy going to serve is the question. I heard a interesting idea that they made this move because Eliot Wolf might leave next year for a open GM job. Thats pure speculation but its interesting to think about.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

What role is this guy going to serve is the question. I heard a interesting idea that they made this move because Eliot Wolf might leave next year for a open GM job. Thats pure speculation but its interesting to think about.

Could be spot on.

With the talent the team has assembled FO staff are/are going to be in high demand.

53 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Something else I could see happening @AkronsWitness is a shift in philosophies. Similar to Denver where they used to be heavily invested in offense while they slowly built their eventual super bowl defense.

Maybe, but the Browns are pretty balanced right now. If anything Im going to assume they are preparing for a max exodus of the roster after this season and need all of the great college scouting they can get to replace those guys. We already know a good part of the roster has opt-outs in their contracts after this year + the fact that there might be a lockout the following year so that might even be more incentive to not extend certain players.

Edited by AkronsWitness

10 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Yeah, we have to go this direction. The numbers won’t add up otherwise.

In these next couple years when we’re “going for it” with keys guys on rookie contracts, I just want us to be aggressive without mortgaging the future. I feel like we’re doing that.

9 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Maybe, but the Browns are pretty balanced right now. If anything Im going to assume they are preparing for a max exodus of the roster after this season and need all of the great colleMage scouting they can get to replace those guys. We already know a good part of the roster has opt-outs in their contracts after this year + the fact that there might be a lockout the following year so that might even be more incentive to not extend certain players.

Mass Exodus?  Why?

12 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Gonna need to be when Myles Denzel and baker come up for contracts.

31 minutes ago, sonny44 said:

Mass Exodus?  Why?

The following players will all be unrestricted FA's after this season:

LT Greg Robinson
C JC Tretter
QB Drew Stanton
WR Rashard Higgins
DT Carl Davis
FS Damarious Randall
LB Ray-Ray Armstrong
OG Bryan Witzmann
CB Phillip Gaines
FB Orson Charles
ILB Joe Schobert
SS Eric Murray
WR Jaelen Strong
TE Seth DeValve
DT Brian Price
DE Anthony Zettel

Granted some of them may not make the team, at least 11 of them should.   

Kareem Hunt will be a RFA, and we will likely tender him.  In the event we match the contract, that will likely be starter money for a RB.  

With needing to sign extensions with Garrett(5th year option still available), Njoku, and Ogunjobi and needing to potentially conserve some role over cap space for Baker in the coming years, chances are most of these 12+ will be moving on to higher paying pastures.  

1 hour ago, sonny44 said:

Mass Exodus?  Why?

Because a heavy amount of all the veteran FAs they have brought in have a at least a designed opt out after this year and they drafted guys to replace a lot of them already. Guys like Kirksey, Devalve, Carrie, Mitchell, Burnett, Robinson, Hubbard, Tretter, Hunt, Vernon, Landry and Randall I believe either have a opt-out or they are FAs after this year.

Plus with the lockout looming--I highly doubt they are going to commit good long term money to any of the older free agents.

Edited by AkronsWitness

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Because a heavy amount of all the veteran FAs they have brought in have a at least a designed opt out after this year and they drafted guys to replace a lot of them already. Guys like Kirksey, Devalve, Carrie, Mitchell, Burnett, Robinson, Hubbard, Tretter, Hunt, Vernon, Landry and Randall I believe either have a opt-out or they are FAs after this year.

Plus with the lockout looming--I highly doubt they are going to commit good long term money to any of the older free agents.

ugh.

2 hours ago, Tomahawk said:

The following players will all be unrestricted FA's after this season:

LT Greg Robinson
C JC Tretter
QB Drew Stanton
WR Rashard Higgins
DT Carl Davis
FS Damarious Randall
LB Ray-Ray Armstrong
OG Bryan Witzmann
CB Phillip Gaines
FB Orson Charles
ILB Joe Schobert
SS Eric Murray
WR Jaelen Strong
TE Seth DeValve
DT Brian Price
DE Anthony Zettel

Granted some of them may not make the team, at least 11 of them should.   

Kareem Hunt will be a RFA, and we will likely tender him.  In the event we match the contract, that will likely be starter money for a RB.  

With needing to sign extensions with Garrett(5th year option still available), Njoku, and Ogunjobi and needing to potentially conserve some role over cap space for Baker in the coming years, chances are most of these 12+ will be moving on to higher paying pastures.  

Well, hopefully many will choose to stay with the super bowl champs.9_9