Dorsey - What have you done for us lately?

sonny44

TBH, I'm prioritizing, in order, re-signing:

LT Greg Robinson: IF he plays as well as he did last year on his prove it deal for this year. Franchise LT cornerstone and young.

S Demarius Randall: He's legit and a tier below Pro Bowl level there

LB Schobert: I like him, he's a Pro Bowler, but if Avery/Mack and/or potential future draft pick or stopgap Free Agent play at an average to above average NFL level, we can let him go and get a comp pick. Captain Kirk is definitely gone next year no matter what, so there's a chance we re-sign him, but I'm 50/50 on it right now.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

TBH, I'm prioritizing, in order, re-signing:

LT Greg Robinson: IF he plays as well as he did last year on his prove it deal for this year. Franchise LT cornerstone and young.

S Demarius Randall: He's legit and a tier below Pro Bowl level there

LB Schobert: I like him, he's a Pro Bowler, but if Avery/Mack and/or potential future draft pick or stopgap Free Agent play at an average to above average NFL level, we can let him go and get a comp pick. Captain Kirk is definitely gone next year no matter what, so there's a chance we re-sign him, but I'm 50/50 on it right now.

Agreed.

I’d really like to keep Randall though.  He’s a really good FS and can legitimately play corner in a pinch.  Those guys don’t grow on trees.

27 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Agreed.

I’d really like to keep Randall though.  He’s a really good FS and can legitimately play corner in a pinch.  Those guys don’t grow on trees.

100% agree with you there. However, I'd prioritize the LT and just write him a nice check. Baker, Myles, and Ward are getting PAID, and they'll have some tough decisions to make down the road with guys like Hunt, Landry, Njoku, Chubb, and Ogunjobi. So, capable roster players who fit a niche role like Hollywood Higgins are GONE, as are underachieving vets, guys on stopgap deals, etc.

Randall is a potential swing guy centerpiece and I'd love to hang onto him if possible and he seems to really want to be here.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Based on the way we addressed safety in the offseason, I'm thinking Randall won't be getting a long-term deal from us.

I'd love to be wrong on this one.

yea i think im with you.  esp if redwine shows promise.  and if they can keep whitehead for cheaper

On 6/5/2019 at 9:42 AM, Tomahawk said:

The following players will all be unrestricted FA's after this season:

LT Greg Robinson
C JC Tretter
QB Drew Stanton
WR Rashard Higgins
DT Carl Davis
FS Damarious Randall
LB Ray-Ray Armstrong
OG Bryan Witzmann
CB Phillip Gaines
FB Orson Charles
ILB Joe Schobert
SS Eric Murray
WR Jaelen Strong
TE Seth DeValve
DT Brian Price
DE Anthony Zettel

Granted some of them may not make the team, at least 11 of them should.   

Kareem Hunt will be a RFA, and we will likely tender him.  In the event we match the contract, that will likely be starter money for a RB.  

With needing to sign extensions with Garrett(5th year option still available), Njoku, and Ogunjobi and needing to potentially conserve some role over cap space for Baker in the coming years, chances are most of these 12+ will be moving on to higher paying pastures.  

i dont think njoku gets resigned.
i think the top 3 have a shot, but who knows about tretter.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Based on the way we addressed safety in the offseason, I'm thinking Randall won't be getting a long-term deal from us.

I'd love to be wrong on this one.

It definitely seems that way.  I’d love to see them be able to hang on to him a bit longer though.  Maybe we cant afford him for the next 4-5 years, but another year or two to really solidify the back end with a pair of young corners and likely another young player at S this year or next in Redwine would be great.  

12 minutes ago, mistakey said:

i dont think njoku gets resigned.
i think the top 3 have a shot, but who knows about tretter.  

I think he’s gonna have to really show something tbh.  He’s got a lot of potential, but his blocking has been mediocre as has his production.

Gonna need to see a big jump in both to be worth what he’ll likely cost, but he’s young and definitely has a chance to do so.

1 minute ago, Tomahawk said:

Tretter is gone for sure.  I think that is another reason they have been testing Corbitt at center. 

Unless he takes a minimal salary or Corbett absolutely stinks, I can’t see him returning.

I wouldn’t mind him taking a pay cut and coming back for a year or two.  Any can we are able to kick down the road and allow for a player to be properly groomed behind them is one worth kicking imo.

• Like 2

Just now, Kiwibrown said:

Njoku will be worth top 5 te money imo, top 5 te money is less than jarvis and he will be more productive than him by then.

Ehhh idk about more productive. 

But man he’s so young he’s still younger than a lot of rookies. I’d want to keep him with Baker 

7 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Ehhh idk about more productive. 

But man he’s so young he’s still younger than a lot of rookies. I’d want to keep him with Baker 

I totally see njoku consistently in the 800-1000k range.

Top 5 te money is around 10 million per year atm.

Edited by Kiwibrown