Dorsey - What have you done for us lately?

sonny44

8 hours ago, nugpimpen said:

If the reports are true, he actually had a good eye for talent, problem was he folded to pressure from others on who to draft (Mainly Haslem). Reports had him wanting to take K. Mack and OBJ the year of Gilbert and Manziel. He also did some other stupid stuff, but seemed to not be terrible at picking players. 

I still would never hire him, but he wasn't a terrible football mind. 

Eh, he gets a pass for ‘14, but there’s no excuse for ‘15.

11 hours ago, Tomahawk said:

Are you saying people shouldn't look for/take a promotion until they've hit something out of the park?

Nope.

Just sayin' I would prefer to stay the course, create a winner and increase my leverage.

These guys ain't making bad money.

If they have more success to show, they will make a hell of a lot more.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bruceb said:

Nope.

Just sayin' I would prefer to stay the course, create a winner and increase my leverage.

These guys ain't making bad money.

If they have more success to show, they will make a hell of a lot more.

That's not really how it works.  There are only so many of these jobs, and they only become available every so often.  No one is going to sit back and wait when the opportunity presents itself.  

As far as money, the difference is HUGE.  Front office execs are in the $150,000-$400,000 range.  Most GMs are making over a million a year.  While the former isn't "bad money" as you say, it is significantly less than what a GM makes.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tomahawk said:

That's not really how it works.  There are only so many of these jobs, and they only become available every so often.  No one is going to sit back and wait when the opportunity presents itself.  

As far as money, the difference is HUGE.  Front office execs are in the $150,000-$400,000 range.  Most GMs are making over a million a year.  While the former isn't "bad money" as you say, it is significantly less than what a GM makes.  

Pretty much this.

There may be an organization or two a person may want to avoid, but realistically when a team offers you control of the franchise, you take it.

It’s not like some exec is gonna have 10 teams bidding for the services of a guy who helped his boss do his job well.  There’s only so much you can prove when you’re not the guy actually making decisions.

22 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Ray Farmer is literally the worst football mind in the universe.  Not only does he not deserve another job, but he deserves to be neutered with hedge clippers. 

Literally the worst football mind in the universe xDxD

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ReggieCamp said:

Not only is Farmer getting an interview this week, but I just saw this:

So good. Maybe the supposed interest in Martin Mayhew is real as well. Let's put together a front office if Farmer-Savage-Mayhew with Coach Putin. Tayne is slowly becoming Jets secondary-fan.

Also, conversely, hiring @NateDawg would be neat in one of those Disney's, "Blank Check" kinda ways.

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I feel so bad for Sam Darnold...

*puts on 2018 NFL draft goggles*

Your excuse as to why skinny Chris Farley is going to bust but that it's not his fault but what could have been amirite is right there, though. Seize it!

*carefully places goggles back in drawer*

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I don’t hate Savage or Heckert. They certainly weren’t perfect, but I didn’t think they were nearly as bad as Farmer or some of the other clown shows we had. 

I actually didn't mind Heckert as a draft guy. He netted us:

*Joe Haden and TJ Ward in the SAME draft, to go with Colt McCoy, who to be fair, as a 3rd rounder, is a great backup QB in the NFL

*A HUGE 2011 blockbuster trade/setup, which he went on to swing and miss on in a lot of the following picks. Good trade, AWFUL job with the rest of it. That said, Sheard, Skrine, and Jordan Cameron were good to great picks in the 2nd and 3rd day despite Phil Taylor and his underwhelming play/injury ridden career

*...then in 2012 he ROYALLY SUCKED. Trent Richardson and BWeed, but he still landed us future Pro Bowl RT Mitchell Schwartz and quality role players in Travis Benjamin and John Hughes...even Billy Wynn wasn't terrible...he also drafted JOSH GORDON in the supplemental draft, so I'm unsure as to whether that's a good or bad thing. If we would have unloaded Hash Gordon in 2013/2014 when we could have gotten TWO 2nds for him, he's a genius.

2012 REALLY hurt him and not capitalizing on the ammo in 2011.

32 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I actually didn't mind Heckert as a draft guy. He netted us:

*Joe Haden and TJ Ward in the SAME draft, to go with Colt McCoy, who to be fair, as a 3rd rounder, is a great backup QB in the NFL

In the 3rd you’re really hoping for a backup at that position.

It’s why I get irked when people crap on the Kessler pick.  Like, what were you expecting?

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

In the 3rd you’re really hoping for a backup at that position.

It’s why I get irked when people crap on the Kessler pick.  Like, what were you expecting?

The Kessler pick wasn't the real issue.  Hue dropping the whole "trust me" crap about him is what the issue was.   We passed on Wentz, and then take Kessler, which I think we can all agree wasn't the BPA at the pick......That draft was a disaster in my opinion.  However it set us up to where we are at today, so I aint mad at it any more lol.