Dorsey - What have you done for us lately?

sonny44

5 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

He consulted with us again this year. 

That's cool.

He can cop a check from us for spot-on player selection for a brief period of time every year and stay sloshed the rest of it.

I would take that job any day!

3 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Even ignoring the Gilbert and Manziel picks as there were external factors there, the fact he went “meat and potatoes” with Shelton and Erving and still whiffed is astounding.

Dude went 0/4 on first round picks.  That’s not easy.

On 6/7/2019 at 9:52 PM, bruceb said:

Think it would behoove them both to stick around.

We haven't won anything yet.

Why would that matter for a front office exec?  They both have the background.  Are you saying people shouldn't look for/take a promotion until they've hit something out of the park?  If that was the case most people that move up the ladder would be stuck for years beyond when they could. 

1 minute ago, Tomahawk said:

Why would that matter for a front office exec?  They both have the background.  Are you saying people shouldn't look for/take a promotion until they've hit something out of the park?  If that was the case most people that move up the ladder would be stuck for years beyond when they could. 

Yeah it’s much more about the opportunity you’re taking than what you’ve accomplished.

For example, I’ve always understood why Josh McDaniels would rather be the OC for the Pats than a HC here under previous regimes.  I also understand why a guy like McVay jumps at the LA job despite being rather green.

18 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Ray Farmer is literally the worst football mind in the universe.  Not only does he not deserve another job, but he deserves to be neutered with hedge clippers. 

If the reports are true, he actually had a good eye for talent, problem was he folded to pressure from others on who to draft (Mainly Haslem). Reports had him wanting to take K. Mack and OBJ the year of Gilbert and Manziel. He also did some other stupid stuff, but seemed to not be terrible at picking players. 

I still would never hire him, but he wasn't a terrible football mind.