Bengals cut Vontaze Burfict

49erurtaza

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Deteriorating play, dirty and zero discipline, no respect for coaching, disregard for scheme responsibility...what’s not to love?

I can't tell if I'm ironically pro-Burfict to make fun of people who hate him or if I'm actually pro-Burfict because he's an amazing heel and leans into being the "bad guy" in a sport where 90% of interviews are boring people like Pat Mahomes just going "jinkies we're just out here having a good ol time slinging the football around".

10 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I can't tell if I'm ironically pro-Burfict to make fun of people who hate him or if I'm actually pro-Burfict because he's an amazing heel and leans into being the "bad guy" in a sport where 90% of interviews are boring people like Pat Mahomes just going "jinkies we're just out here having a good ol time slinging the football around".

Maybe you just like watching the world burn? No one should be Pro-Burfict lol

42 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Wish I could like this more than once.

With Pacman, Burfict and Lewis all gone from the Bengals, I hate them alot less than I used to.   

Yup.

The turd nuggets are gone, so now I can dislike them instead of hate them.

End of an era.

27 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

There's a difference between being a heel and being dirty. Nickell Robey-Coleman is a heel. Tom Brady is a heel. Antonio Brown, Odell Beckham Jr? Heels. 

Burfict is a dirty player, much like how guys like Cortland Finnegan and Kevin Mawae were back in the 00s.

32 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

He's such a dirty player. I remember when he tried hurting Luck by spearing him but only hurt his neck instead.

He's knocked himself out a few times doing crap that like.  

I'm not sure it's intent to hurt as much as it is just really bad tackling form.  Or maybe some of both.

Either way, i'm glad he's not a Bengal anymore.

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

There's a difference between being a heel and being dirty. Nickell Robey-Coleman is a heel. Tom Brady is a heel. Antonio Brown, Odell Beckham Jr? Heels. 

Burfict is a dirty player, much like how guys like Cortland innegan and Kevin Mawae were back in the 00s.

Fixed that for you. Burflict is an interesting release. He obviously wasn’t playing at the level his salary commanded but I really feel this was primarily driven by the fact that without Lewis the Bengals had zero confidence in their ability to manage his personality. He needs a Tony Dungy type guidance. Always had a soft spot for him James Harrison and Joey Porter. Yea, they are a bit dirty but it’s a dirty game. They bring some entertainment value back to the game. He will definitely be a fiery addition to whoever signs him. Might blow up in their faces but it’s one of those high risk/reward type deals.

8 minutes ago, Boltstrikes said:

Fixed that for you. Burflict is an interesting release. He obviously wasn’t playing at the level his salary commanded but I really feel this was primarily driven by the fact that without Lewis the Bengals had zero confidence in their ability to manage his personality. He needs a Tony Dungy type guidance. Always had a soft spot for him James Harrison and Joey Porter. Yea, they are a bit dirty but it’s a dirty game. They bring some entertainment value back to the game. He will definitely be a fiery addition to whoever signs him. Might blow up in their faces but it’s one of those high risk/reward type deals.

What makes you think that Marvin Lewis actually managed his personality?

5 minutes ago, frenchie said:

Surprised they put up with him this long.  Contrary to popular belief, he was never anything special.  He was decent, but certainly not worth the headache.

Eh.  The infamous Steelers playoff game with the dirty hit on AB, was honestly one of the best LB games I've seen prior to that dirty hit.  He was a talented player when he wasn't suspended, out of shape, or up to his antics.  The problem is that wasn't a lot of the time.

As happy as I am that we finally moved on from Burfict, it would not surprise me if he played well for another team...

6 minutes ago, frenchie said:

Contrary to popular belief, he was never anything special.  He was decent, but certainly not worth the headache.

That’s actually not true. For awhile he was playing at a superstar level. That playoff game

he was having an incredible game, before the end...

Archived