Bengals cut Vontaze Burfict

49erurtaza

46 minutes ago, ET80 said:

There's a difference between being a heel and being dirty. Nickell Robey-Coleman is a heel. Tom Brady is a heel. Antonio Brown, Odell Beckham Jr? Heels. 

Burfict is a dirty player, much like how guys like Cortland Finnegan and Kevin Mawae were back in the 00s.

I mean isn't that the point though? He's legitimately hateable. Brady gets hated because he's good, basically. There's other stuff like how he kisses his kid on the lips which is weird as ****, but you don't have a good reason to hate the guy beyond the uniform. AB is weird on social media. OBJ throws temper tantrums and has pretty wild parties. 

They're heels, to varying degrees. Burfict is a heel.

2 hours ago, frenchie said:

Surprised they put up with him this long.  Contrary to popular belief, he was never anything special.  He was decent, but certainly not worth the headache.

There is a lot of things you can say about Vontaze Burfict. Saying he wasn't a special talent isn't one of those things. Dude was one of the best OBLBs in his prime.

3 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I mean isn't that the point though? He's legitimately hateable. Brady gets hated because he's good, basically. There's other stuff like how he kisses his kid on the lips which is weird as ****, but you don't have a good reason to hate the guy beyond the uniform. AB is weird on social media. OBJ throws temper tantrums and has pretty wild parties. 

They're heels, to varying degrees. Burfict is a heel.

I guess they're not mutually exclusive - you could be a heel and a dirty player. Burfict is a moderate heel, but really pushes towards the edge of the dirty player spectrum.

17 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I guess they're not mutually exclusive - you could be a heel and a dirty player. Burfict is a moderate heel, but really pushes towards the edge of the dirty player spectrum.

99% of sports media BS is trying to invent villains that don't exist, or those guys that got labelled that way going on some half baked redemption tour so they can stand looking at their mentions. Burfict is actually a villain and leans into it. That is a precious thing in sports.

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

99% of sports media BS is trying to invent villains that don't exist, or those guys that got labelled that way going on some half baked redemption tour so they can stand looking at their mentions. Burfict is actually a villain and leans into it. That is a precious thing in sports.

And I'm with you until he starts head hunting like he does. 

Archived