Bengals cut Vontaze Burfict

49erurtaza

Burfict being a dirty player never made any sense to me because he was actually a very, very talented player. All that extra stuff wasn't necessary. He wasn't/isn't some mediocre tweener or marginal starter that needed an edge.

21 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

To be blunt, he just gave up last season and didn't really care.  Was out of shape, didn't tackle well, kept getting concussed, etc...

He's been on a posting frenzy on instagram this offseason.  Looks like he's got a dedicated diet plan and workout schedule.  The talent is there if he tries...

But isn't this his seventh concussion?  I swear I read that somewhere.  It's a huge risk to bring him on board and not expect him to get another one, especially with the way he usually plays 

7 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

But isn't this his seventh concussion?  I swear I read that somewhere.  It's a huge risk to bring him on board and not expect him to get another one, especially with the way he usually plays 

Yeah, he's had a ton and an awful tackling style which will lead to more if he doesn't change.  As dumb as Burfict might appear, he's fairly brilliant on the field from all accounts (coaches and teammates).  He needs to stay mentally sharp because he isn't the fastest guy in the world.  If the CTE starts affecting that, then he's toast...

Archived