2019 Contract Discussion

BlaZeN37

12 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

There's no reason to spend all the money if we don't have to. It gets rolled over to next year, meaning we can sign another 2-3 big-named players next year. Why bust it all on players this year if they're not worthy of it?

What I do expect to happen: sign a bunch of 1 year deals, which is what we're starting to see now. A lot of these vets may have to wait until after the draft to sign, which is where I see us being most active. 

I agree but like you said... then why not start signing guys to 1 year deals? Adding the guys we have the few days are guys that might not even make the team. Atleast get 1yr deals on guys that can play for us. Hoping we sign Wisniewski today and somehow get an edge even on a 1 year deal.

Let me rephrase...

I don’t know how Macc fan justify taking Q if they have plans to re-sign Leo. Taking Q would signal to me that they don’t plan on re-signing him. Which would be a huge mistake in my opinion.

I find it interesting that Macc isn’t at Alabama’s pro day. I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure Macc attended the pro day for everyone of his eventual first round picks.

9 minutes ago, BlaZeN37 said:

Let me rephrase...

I don’t know how Macc fan justify taking Q if they have plans to re-sign Leo. Taking Q would signal to me that they don’t plan on re-signing him. Which would be a huge mistake in my opinion.

I find it interesting that Macc isn’t at Alabama’s pro day. I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure Macc attended the pro day for everyone of his eventual first round picks.

I think we have zero plans to draft Q. It will be Allen, Bosa, a trade back, an OL or Metcalf

15 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I agree but like you said... then why not start signing guys to 1 year deals? Adding the guys we have the few days are guys that might not even make the team. Atleast get 1yr deals on guys that can play for us. Hoping we sign Wisniewski today and somehow get an edge even on a 1 year deal.

For a few reasons: 

1) at this point of free agency, there's much less of a rush on players and teams alike. They usually schedule their meet-and-greets and facility visits to make sure they like the team they're going to play for, what their role will be, etc. You have to keep in mind, a player who signs a 1yr deal wants to make sure that the team they sign with can potentially set them up for a bigger contract next year, so it has to be the right fit. 

2) right or wrong, teams want to see what areas they're able to address in the draft. If the Jets land someone they view as a top edge rusher at 3, they will be far less likely to sign a Houston/Ansah/Perry. 

5 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

That's who you want.  As for Mac I bet he has 0 interest in him.

And you clearly don't read my posts. Bc I've constantly said I want an edge. So if you're going to try and call me out. At least look at my posts before you do that. Like I've said in other posts (that clearly you've ignored or have looked over) I only was pro DK in a mock of mine when we got 2 edges and a DT in FA. Never once have I said we should draft DK without getting 2 edges.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

And you clearly don't read my posts. Bc I've constantly said I want an edge. So if you're going to try and call me out. At least look at my posts before you do that. Like I've said in other posts (that clearly you've ignored or have looked over) I only was pro DK in a mock of mine when we got 2 edges and a DT in FA. Never once have I said we should draft DK without getting 2 edges.

I'm not calling you out I read you post just fine.  If we trade down like you said I bet Mac has 0 interest in a WR.

You wrote that if we traded down we'd go OL or Metcalf saying you think that is what Mac will do.  I disagree, I don't think Metcalf is an option for him even in a trade back.  I didn't say you wanted Metcalf at 3, which lets be honest deep down you probably do.

Just now, Rockice_8 said:

I'm not calling you out I read you post just fine.  If we trade down like you said I bet Mac has 0 interest in a WR.

You wrote that if we traded down we'd go OL or Metcalf saying you think that is what Mac will do.  I disagree, I don't think Metcalf is an option for him even in a trade back.

But you thgrew in that its bc that's who I want. I have never said that. But purely on talent... its hard to argue that in a trade back that DK isn't in that conversation.

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

But you thgrew in that its bc that's who I want. I have never said that. But purely on talent... its hard to argue that in a trade back that DK isn't in that conversation.

I threw that in there yes because yes that is who you want.  Was I wrong in saying that.  I didn't mean to say it negatively.  I just pointed out that I think that is more who you want than what Mac would do himself.  If we dropped in the 6-10 range I would be shocked if Mac even considered Metcalf.  He'd still likely take an Oliver, Burns, Taylor, Gary, Jonah type player over a WR is my thought.

Just now, Rockice_8 said:

I threw that in there yes because yes that is who you want.  Was I wrong in saying that.  I didn't mean to say it negatively.  I just pointed out that I think that is more who you want than what Mac would do himself.  If we dropped in the 6-10 range I would be shocked if Mac even considered Metcalf.  He'd still likely take an Oliver, Burns, Taylor, Gary, Jonah type player over a WR is my thought.

No Metcalf is higher on my list then some but I certainly have 4 or so players ranked higher than him. If he was truly who I wanted he'd be my #1.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

No Metcalf is higher on my list then some but I certainly have 4 or so players ranked higher than him. If he was truly who I wanted he'd be my #1.

All I'm saying is at 3 or in a trade down Metcalf is the longest of long shots.

12 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

So you're suggestion would've been to reach on a player to fill a need?

1 minute ago, jetskid007 said:

So you're suggestion would've been to reach on a player to fill a need?

No. Everyone rates players differently. Most teams go BPA, but our BPA is different then other teams. Yes I rate DK higher then some. You or no one will change my mind on that, so its kinda pissing into the wind for some of you to keep trying to knock him to me. I have him rated where I rate him. Given our current team, I don't even have him as an option for us at 3. But in a trade back, he 100% for me should be in the conversation. I for one think you rate Gary too high, but you don't see me attacking that. And there's certainly an debate to be had that DK in a BPA way you preach should be drafted before Gary. DK ranks for me around 5 on prospects we should consider (meaning I eliminate QBs, ILBs, etc). You can complain about it all you want. You wont change my mind on it. We have tons of opinions here and we all wont agree. I rate him higher than some, so be it. I think some of your guys big boards are bogus. So be it.

Archived