2019 Contract Discussion

BlaZeN37

30 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

No. Everyone rates players differently. Most teams go BPA, but our BPA is different then other teams. Yes I rate DK higher then some. You or no one will change my mind on that, so its kinda pissing into the wind for some of you to keep trying to knock him to me. I have him rated where I rate him. Given our current team, I don't even have him as an option for us at 3. But in a trade back, he 100% for me should be in the conversation. I for one think you rate Gary too high, but you don't see me attacking that. And there's certainly an debate to be had that DK in a BPA way you preach should be drafted before Gary. DK ranks for me around 5 on prospects we should consider (meaning I eliminate QBs, ILBs, etc). You can complain about it all you want. You wont change my mind on it. We have tons of opinions here and we all wont agree. I rate him higher than some, so be it. I think some of your guys big boards are bogus. So be it.

I mean I rated Gary right where everyone and their mother have rated him since lol. I just think you're trying to create a narrative to say "I rate Metcalf high" when in reality, you just want an offensive playmaker really badly and he's the only one out there who fits. That's not such a bad thing to admit. I was higher on Metcalf before people even murmured his name... but I also understand that drafting him in the top 5 is an extraordinary risk.

1 minute ago, jetskid007 said:

I mean I rated Gary right where everyone and their mother have rated him since lol. I just think you're trying to create a narrative to say "I rate Metcalf high" when in reality, you just want an offensive playmaker really badly and he's the only one out there who fits. That's not such a bad thing to admit. I was higher on Metcalf before people even murmured his name... but I also understand that drafting him in the top 5 is an extraordinary risk.

And that's why I rate several players ahead of him. Drafting Gary as a edge is a risk (especially in a 3-4). My debate is that DK IMO has every right to be in the conversation if we trade back. He does not belong in it at 3. But to think he's not on par of a prospect with guys like Gary, Sweat, Ferrell, etc. is really just wanting an edge. Bc Metcalf's skill certainly is worthy of that 5-10 range.

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

And that's why I rate several players ahead of him. Drafting Gary as a edge is a risk (especially in a 3-4). My debate is that DK IMO has every right to be in the conversation if we trade back. He does not belong in it at 3. But to think he's not on par of a prospect with guys like Gary, Sweat, Ferrell, etc. is really just wanting an edge. Bc Metcalf's skill certainly is worthy of that 5-10 range.

You mocked him at 3, hence why everyone says that you have him rated too high. 

1st: DK Metcalf (WR/Ole Miss)

I know some don't like him this high but he's a guy that fits a need for us. Nowhere on the DLine is a need for us after adding Fowler, Quinn and Hankins. Metcalf has a very rare mix of size, speed, hands and body control. And I absolutely think he can fine tune his route running and agility. He's just is a physical freak that when he puts his mind to something he can achieve it.

I mean you getting heat for your eval of him is on you, no one else... 

Just now, jetskid007 said:

You mocked him at 3, hence why everyone says that you have him rated too high. 

I mean you getting heat for your eval of him is on you, no one else... 

Your the smartest guy on this board and it’s baffling me that you’re putting words in my mouth.

READ MY POSTS!!!

He was mocked “which after all is fake” in just 1 of my mocks to us at 3 bc Edge was answered along with DT and OL. So in that mock that made little sense to draft the likes of Bosa, Allen, Q, etc to be backups. Is was a mock. Please show me once where I’ve said DK is a better prospect than Allen or Bosa. I bet you to do this. The fact is I never said that. We didn’t answer edge therefor that mock is null in void. Just like everyone’s mocks pre FA. You’re taking a hypothetical mock and acting like present day me is still saying DK is the wya to go. When that’s false and it’s really starting to get my pissed to see even respected guys like you, put those words in my mouth. You and several others are taking that mock. The same mock I’ve in several posts even in that thread have said he’s being chose there bc edge and DT are answered. And blatantly ignored it. And harp on me mocking DK to us at 3. In all honestly you out of all people I wouldn’t expect this from. So I find this baffling. Not sure if Torri busy and have half way read my posts or what. But please don’tput words in my mouth as present day things. When you’re taking a mock from awhile ago and saying I think he’s the best prospect.

37 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think there's something to be said about his slow 3-cone time and poor PFF grade. 

54 minutes ago, BlaZeN37 said:

You guys find anything to argue about. Thanks for derailing my contract thread. The MOD, of all people.

Threads get derailed all the time. No biggy. You gladly can take over as MOD of you want

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Your the smartest guy on this board and it’s baffling me that you’re putting words in my mouth.

READ MY POSTS!!!

He was mocked “which after all is fake” in just 1 of my mocks to us at 3 bc Edge was answered along with DT and OL. So in that mock that made little sense to draft the likes of Bosa, Allen, Q, etc to be backups. Is was a mock. Please show me once where I’ve said DK is a better prospect than Allen or Bosa. I bet you to do this. The fact is I never said that. We didn’t answer edge therefor that mock is null in void. Just like everyone’s mocks pre FA. You’re taking a hypothetical mock and acting like present day me is still saying DK is the wya to go. When that’s false and it’s really starting to get my pissed to see even respected guys like you, put those words in my mouth. You and several others are taking that mock. The same mock I’ve in several posts even in that thread have said he’s being chose there bc edge and DT are answered. And blatantly ignored it. And harp on me mocking DK to us at 3. In all honestly you out of all people I wouldn’t expect this from. So I find this baffling. Not sure if Torri busy and have half way read my posts or what. But please don’tput words in my mouth as present day things. When you’re taking a mock from awhile ago and saying I think he’s the best prospect.

The point I was trying to make wasn't to put words in your mouth; I haven't read every post but I do realize that you have other players higher rated than him; I'm saying that you put this out there which is why you're being forced to defend yourself. 

I agree with you; if we traded down and he's the best player available, you take him. All I'm saying is he's not worth a top 5 pick. 

One thing I will give credit to is that Macc does “typically” structure contracts well. Problem is, is big time players you don’t get that luxury bc of competing teams. Bells contract year 1 is weird. Almost like he knew he was getting guaranteed money but took less for something. But that something hasn’t arrived. Maybe something in the works or just to sign guys next year. Idk

26 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

One thing I will give credit to is that Macc does “typically” structure contracts well. Problem is, is big time players you don’t get that luxury bc of competing teams. Bells contract year 1 is weird. Almost like he knew he was getting guaranteed money but took less for something. But that something hasn’t arrived. Maybe something in the works or just to sign guys next year. Idk

Le'Veon's contract is a masterpiece. Again - don't take this as a criticism - but it's not this. I used to fall suspicious as well, but in reality its just for cash flow purposes. 

Player's very rarely take less money for their team to add another player in the NFL. They'll take "hometown discounts" or restructure contracts, but not an NBA style "I'll take less because you're signing player X"... I think the RB market just is what it really is, devalued, and he took the best offer

4 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Le'Veon's contract is a masterpiece. Again - don't take this as a criticism - but it's not this. I used to fall suspicious as well, but in reality its just for cash flow purposes. 

Player's very rarely take less money for their team to add another player in the NFL. They'll take "hometown discounts" or restructure contracts, but not an NBA style "I'll take less because you're signing player X"... I think the RB market just is what it really is, devalued, and he took the best offer

I know we’ve all seen the tweet saying he’d never run for the Jets for just $60M but I think a few things were at play. 

I really think he wanted to play for the Jets having grown up a Jets fan. He had to scoff at the prospect of $60m to keep his offer honest. 

Its a tin foil hat theory, but at the end of the day he gets to play for his childhood team and get paid (albeit less than what Pitt offered but he stayed honest to his word of being tagged multiple times) 

Archived