Blake Bortles signing with Rams

49erurtaza

48 minutes ago, N4L said:

I would rather have the udfa Nick Mullens than the top 5 pick Bortles as my backup QB. 100% of the time. 

At least mullens has a repeatable throwing motion and is accurate with the football. Bortles throwing motion is one of the all time worst IMO. that hitch he has in is windup is pathetic for an NFL QB. just pitiful really. 

Mullens also sees the field and operates the offense. Bortles has inexplicable lapses where he just doesnt see the field or have any clue wtf he is doing. He has had some really terrible stretches of games in his career. 

I dont care if Bortles has better physical tools and therefore more upside, because if you arent accurate with your ball placement, then you arent going to be successful in the NFL. Its a mandatory requirement and Bortles doesnt have it. Sometimes it really is that simple. 

You are the biggest 49er Homer on this forum. I don't disagree though Mullens is legit underrated QB but still kind of funny though loll

6 minutes ago, Activated10 said:

You are the biggest 49er Homer on this forum. I don't disagree though Mullens is legit underrated QB but still kind of funny though loll

I may be a homer, but my opinion of the 49ers has nothing to do with my opinion of bortles lol 

Just seemed like a good comparison to make considering they are in the division

I wasn't super high on Mullens at first but I did warm up to him as he kept playing. He doesn't have a strong arm but he is accurate and runs the offense. He goes through his reads well. He has a good feel for the game. 

Being a backup is different than being a starter, it's a different mindset needed. I don't think Blake has that mindset, while Mullens wouldn't be in the NFL at all if he didn't have that mindset. 

Also thank you for the compliment! I love my niners lol give it time, everyone will know Shanahan >> McVay hah

6 minutes ago, N4L said:

I may be a homer, but my opinion of the 49ers has nothing to do with my opinion of bortles lol 

Just seemed like a good comparison to make considering they are in the division

I wasn't super high on Mullens at first but I did warm up to him as he kept playing. He doesn't have a strong arm but he is accurate and runs the offense. He goes through his reads well. He has a good feel for the game. 

Being a backup is different than being a starter, it's a different mindset needed. I don't think Blake has that mindset, while Mullens wouldn't be in the NFL at all if he didn't have that mindset. 

Also thank you for the compliment! I love my niners lol give it time, everyone will know Shanahan >> McVay hah

I used to like the 49ers as well until Harbaugh left and team wasn't the same anymore. 2010-2014 were great times being 49ers fan, those NFCCG games were crazy and battles with Seahawks were intense except when 49ers played them at Seattle, always seemed like a blowout lmao. Good times 

3 hours ago, N4L said:

I would rather have the udfa Nick Mullens than the top 5 pick Bortles as my backup QB. 100% of the time. 

At least mullens has a repeatable throwing motion and is accurate with the football. Bortles throwing motion is one of the all time worst IMO. that hitch he has in is windup is pathetic for an NFL QB. just pitiful really. 

Mullens also sees the field and operates the offense. Bortles has inexplicable lapses where he just doesnt see the field or have any clue wtf he is doing. He has had some really terrible stretches of games in his career. 

I dont care if Bortles has better physical tools and therefore more upside, because if you arent accurate with your ball placement, then you arent going to be successful in the NFL. Its a mandatory requirement and Bortles doesnt have it. Sometimes it really is that simple. 

Bringing up Nick Mullens is kind of... random? Not sure what he has anything to do with Bortles or the Rams.

Love this signing, mainly because I won't have to worry about Sean Mannion ever getting meaningful playing time. 

4 hours ago, N4L said:

Eh, no, it is far from that simple. When things are good around Bortles, he's a significantly better QB than Mullens. 

56 minutes ago, Elky said:

He isn't backing up Goff, he's there to put Goff on the hot seat.

McVay got exposed as too young to be a good NFL coach. Bortles is there to be a hair transplant donor for McVay so he can look more like a balding football guy, and Bortles gets a new head of hair out of the deal.

13 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Do the Rams have a QB competition moving forward? Career points scored in a Super Bowl:

Blake Bortles - 0
Jared Goff - 3

Or what about Bortles as a weapon out of the backfield? Career receiving yards in a Super Bowl:

Blake Bortles - 0
Todd Gurley - -1

Goff and Bortles are also tied in playoff wins.

Archived