Expectations for teams with New Head Coaches

Activated10

Put your expectations for teams that hired new head coaches this offseason. Expectations for upcoming season and then expectations you see 3-5 years from now how you expect team to grow or get worse under the new head coach. Explain why you think it was a good or not good hire for all teams with New Head Coaches 

Cleveland Browns

New York Jets

Miami Dolphins

Denver Broncos

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 

Green Bay Packers 

Arizona Cardinals 

Cincinnati Bengals

Next year expectations =

3-5 year expectations =

Good or bad hire =

14 hours ago, Activated10 said:

Miami Dolphins

Next year expectations =Lose enough to get a top 5 draft pick

3-5 year expectations =At least 2 playoff appearances and 1 division title

Good or bad hire =Good, just pretty much hoping for the best.

12 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Next Year: Playoffs.

3-5 Year: At least 1 Super Bowl Appearance.

Good or Bad:  GOOD.

Can I get more in depth analysis. Like what you expect from certain players, record wide and impact of your coach for short term and long term

9 hours ago, john305 said:

Next year expectations =Lose enough to get a top 5 draft pick

3-5 year expectations =At least 2 playoff appearances and 1 division title

Good or bad hire =Good, just pretty much hoping for the best.

More in depth analysis, want to learn about all teams with New HCs. Like record, strengths and weaknesses, plans and impact of your coach for short term and long term

Browns 10-11 wins, AFC North Title, 3rd-4th seed, Probably lose first playoff game. 

Jets 6-7 wins, much improved offense. Just worry they have a ton of holes due to the Darnold trade. 

Dolphins 4-5 wins, they are in full tear down and rebuild mode. 

Broncos 6-7 wins, should look better than last year but Elway needs to stop being stubborn, they need to burn that team to the ground and rebuild. The year they won the SB was the last year that team was gonna compete, they won on the very last year of their window. 

Bucs... hard one. Depends on Winston and the QB situation. If Arians works his QB magic, possibly 9-10 wins and a possible NFC North title and 3rd-4th seed. If Winston still sucks, 6-7 wins. 

Bengals... another hard one but I’ll say 5-6 wins. 

Cardinals, I want to say 3-4 wins and worst team in the NFL again but if they get Kyler Murray who knows? Maybe he lights the world on fire and they go 9-7. 

Green Bay Packers, hmmm I didn’t like the hire but I like their aggressiveness in FA and two first round picks. I’ll say 11-12 wins, NFC North Title, and a Top Two Seed. But the coach could be a total flop and they win 7-8 games. We’ll see. 

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

The only 2 teams with new coaches that I see competing for the playoffs are Cleveland and Green Bay. The rest are bottom 5-10 teams.

That’s how I feel. Denver might have a shot as well if they have a good draft.

Cleveland Browns 9-7

New York Jets 7-9

Miami Dolphins 2-14

Denver Broncos 9-7

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 8-8

Green Bay Packers 10-6

Arizona Cardinals 5-11

Cincinnati Bengals 3-13

3-5 years from now...

Cleveland Browns: Hard to say but I think the Browns become a perennial playoff contender. I think there's equal chance they sink back into being the Browns or actually making noise in the playoffs. Either way, Kitchens gets a long leash so long as Mayfield is producing an exciting offense.

New York Jets: Adam Gase turns this team around and they make a playoff push in 2020 but then regress to mediocrity. Darnold progresses little by little however. Jets go all in around 2022 or so in FA but disappoint and Gase is eventually fired.

Miami Dolphins: Flores is fired after the 2-14 tank job is complete. Dolphins select their new QB and pair him with a new head coach.

Denver Broncos: Fangio makes Denver a legitimate top 5 defense again over his tenure but inconsistent QB play is his undoing. Elway gets canned and the new GM replaces Fangio with his own guy thereafter.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Arians gets jaded from the game again in 3 years or so, and retires for good. Bucs make the playoffs once in this span.

Green Bay Packers: They show relatively consistent success until Aaron Rodgers retires in 2023 then the team collapses, leading to the firing of LaFleur.

Arizona Cardinals: Kliff is fired after a year or two. Kyler Murray busts.

Cincinnati Bengals: Zac Taylor is fired after four years of losing seasons.

On 19.3.2019 at 8:33 AM, Activated10 said:

Put your expectations for teams that hired new head coaches this offseason. Expectations for upcoming season and then expectations you see 3-5 years from now how you expect team to grow or get worse under the new head coach. Explain why you think it was a good or not good hire for all teams with New Head Coaches 

Cleveland Browns

New York Jets

Miami Dolphins

Denver Broncos

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 

Green Bay Packers 

Arizona Cardinals 

Cincinnati Bengals

Next year expectations =

3-5 year expectations =

Good or bad hire =

Cleveland Browns

Next year expectations = 10-6

3-5 year expectations = multiple AFCCG appearances

Good or bad hire = tbd. 

Jets

Next year expectations = 7-9

3-5 year expectations = reaching double digit wins and winning the division

Good or bad hire = Good

Dolphins

Next year expectations = tank

3-5 year expectations = find a QB and compete for the division

Good or bad hire = Good

Broncos

Next year expectations = 8-8

3-5 year expectations = don't suck

Good or bad hire = Uninspiring.

Bucs

Next year expectations = 8-8

3-5 year expectations = reach the playoffs

Good or bad hire = Good. Arians can get Winston out of his sleep

Packers

Next year expectations = 10-11 wins

3-5 year expectations = Super Bowl appearance

Good or bad hire = Bad but a change needed to happen

Cardinals

Next year expectations = no expectations

3-5 year expectations = reach playoffs

Good or bad hire = Horrendous. If he is there in 3 years I would be shocked

Bengals

Next year expectations = are there any? 

3-5 year expectations = Get a new QB and compete for the division.

Good or bad hire = Don't like it. 

Jets really depend on Darnold and Gase.  Their relationship and how Gase molds Sam is going to be key.

Jets still need some help on the OL but they boosted their weapons now by adding Bell and Crowder to two good players in Anderson/Enunwa.  Their defense should be in the top half of the league especially if they add a pass rusher in the draft (Bosa/Allen) to a solid unit.

This year = playoff hunt would be ideal.  The AFC is super deep so getting in will depend on Darnold.  He still so young so expecting a huge jump in year two isn't likely however he played great the last quarter of the season after he got a break with the knee sprain so the flashes for a great season are there.  Plus adding a great weapon like Bell who can do everything is a huge boost to a young QB.  I do think Herndon is about to break out at TE and Crowder (slot) are always outlets for a young QB.

3-5 years - compete for division assume Brady ever retires or shows any regression and ultimately be a contender

Hire = Good assuming Gase develops Darnold which ultimately is the goal.

Jets have a bright future with Sam.   

Archived