Numbers 2019 Mock

Eagles trade a 2020 4th round pick to the Chicago Bears for RB Jordan Howard

Likely to receive 2 compensatory 4th round selections from the losses of Jordan Hicks and Golden Tate respectively, the Eagles are able to spare a 2020 pick in exchange for a bell cow back who Joe Douglas drafted and is a tough, physical runner who can makes plays in short yardage situations.

Eagles trade the 138th overall pick to the Cleveland Browns for RB Duke Johnson

Johnson comes in as the lighting to Howard's thunder, and can be used all over the formation. Hes got some Sproles in him in that aspect and gives Pederson another weapon in a very talented offense. The pick can become a compensatory 4th round pick.

With the 25th Pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select, Defensive end, Brian Burns, Florida State

This team has always been built though the trenches as well as drafting aging veteran's replacements. Drafted to eventually pair long term with Derek Barnett, Burns is a bit undersized, but has a tremendous first step, and tremendous counter moves highlighted by a Freeny-esque inside spin move. He comes in initially as a guy who you rotate in and eventually develop and grow into a starting role.

With the 53rd Pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select, Defensive Tackle, Jefferey Simmons, Mississippi State

Simmons is a top 5 talent in this class, however he tore his ACL this offseason, and also was arrested for a domestic violence incident in 2016. Much like a cross between the Joe Mixon and Sidney Jones situations a few years ago, the off field issues and injury will drop Simmons, however he's a top 5 talent and the value is too good to pass up. If is able to return during the season it adds another peice to a deep defensive line.

With the 57th Pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select, Guard, Chris Lindstrom, Boston College

With the re-signing of Peters the tackles for this season are set, we've got JP and Lane as the starters, with Vaitai as the swing tackle and Mailata as the developmental guy and the likely successor to JP. On the inside there are many more questions however, Kelce is a stud, but is aging and is likely year to year at this point. Brandon Brooks is coming off an injury, and even though Seumalo signed an extension, it's very team friendly based on production. Lindstrom comes in and competes as a starter and could step into Brooks' role in the short term, before rolling over a long term OL of Mailata/Lindstrom/Semualo/Brooks/Johnson if all goes well.

With the 127th pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select, Linebacker, Germaine Pratt, North Carolina State

In today's NFL linebackers need to be able to cover, and Pratt, a former free safety, is as fluid as they come in coverage. His change of direction and instincts in that aspect of the game are a plus, however where he is lacking is his experience playing the run and getting off blocks. Initially he comes in and competes for the #3 linebacker spot behind Bradham and the combination of Kama Grugier-Hill and the newly signed LJ Fort to give us an athletic group of linebackers with upside.

With the 163rd Pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select, WR/RB Ryan Davis, Auburn

Davis is an undersized, but explosive playmaker for the Auburn Tigers, making plays who is used all over the formation in addition to being their punt returner. Hes undersized and raw as a route runner, but could be another option for Wentz and co as an offensive weapon and worst case gives you a punt returner. He'll compete for a roster spot with guys like Wendell Smallwood and a few of the back end receivers and has a leg up due to position versatility and return ability.

With the 197th Pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select, Easton Stick, Quarterback, North Dakota State

The last guy we selected from NDSU has turned out pretty good thus far. Obviously Stick isnt on the level of prospect of Wentz but he could be a very solid backup. He'll likely end up on the practice squad to start as the 3rd stringer behind Wentz and Sudfeld and could be the future long term backup to Carson if Sudfeld eventually gets the opportunity to start in the future.

Not bad. I really cannot get behind the Simmons pick in the 2nd. Injury with DV makes for a very good case against drafting him. I'd wait til the 4th to see if he is available. Go with an LT in his spot. Peters is retiring next year and it is better to have his replacement learn from him. 

Go Birds

Master "The Haul" Cheddaar

You never know how the draft will fall but I have a hard time seeing your first 3 picks being there at where you have them being selected. Simmons could there at 53 and that is a debate in itself whether we want to take on another redshirt project, but the talent is certainly there.

I would be SHOCKED if Burns was there at 25 or if Lindstrom was there at 57. Burns will likely go top 10-15 and Lindstrom will probably go late first to very early second.

The rest of the guys are not necessarily players on my radar, so I won't comment specifically on them.

I don't see for trading for Howard AND Duke. I'd rather trade for Duke and then draft a compliment back in the draft.

I think Burns, Simmons, and Lindstrom are all gone by those picks, so this is not realistic. The trade value for the RB's seems about right, but I would stick to just 1 RB trade. I really don't want Jordan Howard. I watched a few Bears games, and he looked just like Smallwood as a runner, but worse as a receiver.

Archived