NCAA Tournament Thread

MKnight82

28 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Tournament starts Thursday.  Who do you guys think will make a deep run?  VCU really got shafted with their draw, 8 seed but they run right into Duke if they win Friday.

Flopping in the tournament hurt the hell out of them. They were definitely sniffing a low 6 or high 7 before that.

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Well Marcus Evans got hurt.

I know. And I am glad he's back. I honestly thought they might fall to 10 after it all. I think an 8 was fair. Hoping they somehow pull off the miracle and VT does okay and I get a Sweet 16 match up.

I hate to say it, but I think Duke wins it all. I’ve filled out NCAA brackets at my dads and now my work since I was 10 in 1989 and I’ve nevee picked Duke to win it all bc I was a UNLV fan and also a Maryland Basketball fan.

I did pick Duke to win it all this year though. Zion Williamson is a bigger version of Lebron James when Lebron was 18/19. Lebron got to go straight to the NBA, but if he had gone to say Ohio State, he would’ve been running through everyone as a freshman just like Carmelo Anthony did in his one year that Syracuse won it all.

Anyways, I’m riding Zion to hopefully a pay day in a few weeks.

I’m worried Maryland won’t win vs Belmont in the first round. The bright side of that though means that coach Turgen hopefully gets fired. It’s crazy what a step back the Maryland program has taken in the last 15-17 years since they got to multiple final fours and won the National Championship.

UMD has become the Redskins. They won it all 15 years ago and they’re still living off that championships coattails just like the Redskins are living off the 1980’s & 91 team to sell tickets and give the fanbase false hope every offseason.

19 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I hate to say it, but I think Duke wins it all. I’ve filled out NCAA brackets at my dads and now my work since I was 10 in 1989 and I’ve nevee picked Duke to win it all bc I was a UNLV fan and also a Maryland Basketball fan.

You and half the brackets xD - mine included.

1 hour ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

I picked UVA to win it all. Redemption factor. Despite that, I'm still hoping they lose early again just because it's funny to me.

I like it! I don’t think it will happen, but I like the redemption theory! I hope that pays off well for you Jeezy!

2 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

I picked UVA to win it all. Redemption factor.

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Despite that, I'm still hoping they lose early again just because it's funny to me.

UnknownFarHoopoe-size_restricted.gif

Archived