DE Robert Quinn acquired for 2020 6th Round Pick

Matts4313

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

1. RG is better than Quinn, I agree. But RG may not even get suspended. He apparently didnt fail a drug test, he missed a meeting with his shrink.

You better hope so if you think we're SB bound.

2. LOL, no. Thats not what happen. Did you watch the video?

The officers were making an arrest and he went over there and started shoving them off of the person getting arrested. That's assault, and obstruction of justice. Maybe @The_Slamman could clarify it better. But that is not good when you put your hands on a officer in any aggressive way.

3. Zeke and Collins are under contract, so is DLaw. So all those guys will be here this year. 

Collins can hold out but may not. But DLaw is definitely threating to hold out.

Also with Zeke, do you remember Larry Johnson? I do, and us only using Zeke to run the ball will murder him in the long run.

38 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

1. RG is better than Quinn, I agree. But RG may not even get suspended. He apparently didnt fail a drug test, he missed a meeting with his shrink.

2. LOL, no. Thats not what happen. Did you watch the video?

3. Zeke and Collins are under contract, so is DLaw. So all those guys will be here this year. 

Regarding DLaw being under contract, so he will be here this year,  I refer you to Leveon Bell. 

Just now, SweetFancyMoses said:

Regarding DLaw being under contract, so he will be here this year,  I refer you to Leveon Bell. 

Eh, completely different situation. Bell wanted money and wasn't on the best terms with the Steelers' 2x Super Bowl winning QB. He wasn't going to win that battle.

D-Law is a team captain, the most productive pass rusher in the league over the last two years, and has no beef with any of the current staff or roster. 

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

ly using Zeke to run the ball will murder him in the long run.

I see no problem with running Zeke into the ground and moving on.

56 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Thats happened 1 time ever and it was a completely different circumstances. Bell also lost out on about $20-30m that he will never be able to recover. So it was a lesson to the league: Bell is a moron.

54 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Yeah, Lawrence is definitively not under contract

The tag is a form of a 1 year contract. 

36 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Do you doubt he will? What is the percent chance that he doesn't sign?

15-20% maybe? It’s a different situation from Bell obviously because there was a legitimate chance Pittsburgh was gonna give him 450+ touches and lead him to suffer a lower body injury. But Bell was also quoted on numerous occasions as saying that his holdout was a sacrifice for the greater good of NFL players and more contract security. Lawrence, as disrespected as he allegedly feels, might choose to do the same. You might rather take your $20M so that you can put it towards your family and friends and preferred charities as opposed to sacrificing it in an individual strike for the labor rights of people you don’t know- I imagine D-Law will end up doing the former- but it’s a free country, he can do what he wants. He’s still guaranteed $60M+ next spring, and with the CBA coming to a close, NFL contracts are clearly a hot button issue.

I also think it’s wrong to believe a prolonged holdout, which Lawrence and his team have long-since planned, isn’t a potential issue even if you get the deal done. Who’s to say Dez would’ve broken his foot in the first half of Week 1 in 2015 had he not skipped the offseason program? And we got the deal done with him. If we don’t with Lawrence, I would be shocked if he doesn’t skip the majority of training camp at minimum.

Edited by matt79511