DE Robert Quinn acquired for 2020 6th Round Pick

Matts4313

1 hour ago, matt79511 said:

15-20% maybe? It’s a different situation from Bell obviously because there was a legitimate chance Pittsburgh was gonna give him 450+ touches and lead him to suffer a lower body injury. But Bell was also quoted on numerous occasions as saying that his holdout was a sacrifice for the greater good of NFL players and more contract security. Lawrence, as disrespected as he allegedly feels, might choose to do the same. You might rather take your $20M so that you can put it towards your family and friends and preferred charities as opposed to sacrificing it in an individual strike for the labor rights of people you don’t know- I imagine D-Law will end up doing the former- but it’s a free country, he can do what he wants. He’s still guaranteed $60M+ next spring, and with the CBA coming to a close, NFL contracts are clearly a hot button issue.

I also think it’s wrong to believe a prolonged holdout, which Lawrence and his team have long-since planned, isn’t a potential issue even if you get the deal done. Who’s to say Dez would’ve broken his foot in the first half of Week 1 in 2015 had he not skipped the offseason program? And we got the deal done with him. If we don’t with Lawrence, I would be shocked if he doesn’t skip the majority of training camp at minimum.

I disagree with your percentage. I would guess less than 5%. Maybe pushing 0%. $20m on the franchise tag would essentially double his career earnings. We have also yet to hear from DLaw that he is disgruntled or disrespected, though most of the time the agent is the one leaking all these rumors. 

35 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I disagree with your percentage. I would guess less than 5%. Maybe pushing 0%. $20m on the franchise tag would essentially double his career earnings. We have also yet to hear from DLaw that he is disgruntled or disrespected, though most of the time the agent is the one leaking all these rumors. 

Fair enough. I just wouldn’t use the Bell saga as evidence that Lawrence won’t hold out. Ultimately this is mostly about pride.

43 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:
Via Jesus Flores 

Cowboys and Dolphins are fine with draft compensation being a 2020 pick and Quinn is expected to meet with Jerry Jones. I’d say that 94 jersey’s gonna need a name change

Not sure who this is tbh. 

That's RG's number.

18 hours ago, matt79511 said:

Fair enough. I just wouldn’t use the Bell saga as evidence that Lawrence won’t hold out. Ultimately this is mostly about pride.

Maybe for Bell it was.

My guess it is about the money. As it usually is. Bell was just dumb.

10 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

It's not that I would be disappointing with us giving a 3rd for him. It's just that it seems like we pay a premium price for player trades while the rest of the league keeps getting bargains. 

Tavon Auston was our first trade that made me feel like we were part of the league market.

Every other trade we seem to pay top dollar for. Meanwhile it seems other teams can trade future 5ths for pro bowlers 

3 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

It's not that I would be disappointed with us giving a 3rd for him. It's just that it seems like we pay a premium price for player trades while the rest of the league keeps getting bargains. 

I would be disappointed if we gave up anything more than a 4th.

On 3/22/2019 at 9:12 AM, SweetFancyMoses said:

Either 2019 compensatory 4th, or 2020 conditional 4th.

Too much. He hasn’t posted double digit sacks since 2014. If I’m giving up a 4th round pick, I’d expect better production that what he’s put up over the last 5 years. I’d offer a 6th and see what they say.

Archived