LaAdrian Waddle signs with Buffalo Bills. Time to draft a tackle!

DoleINGout

15 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I think he is a late second at best from my own evaluation

He is projected to go in the first. He has a lot of potential but certainly played at times like a day two pick at best. The ceiling however is that of a guy in the first round.

Just now, DoleINGout said:

He is projected to go in the first. He has a lot of potential but certainly played at times like a day two pick at best. The ceiling however is that of a guy in the first round.

Im aware of his projections, I just dont agree with them lol

His deficiencies are not something NFL coaches have time to correct. 

On 3/19/2019 at 2:05 PM, DoleINGout said:

https://musketfire.com/2019/03/16/laadrian-waddle-pats-bills-free-agency/

My money is on Jawaan Taylor of Florida at the end of the first round this year.

Still disagree with drafting a tackle in round one two years in a row with other pressing needs. There should be good dlinemen available or one of the three top tightends. 

IMO Offensive line is one of the Pats critical needs.  Two if the best in in the county will be there at 32 based on many mock drafts. Dalton Risner and  Chris Lindstrom. Both players can play multiple position on the line which adds to their value. Pats have lost most of there depth and have zero quality backup which is solely needed with Cannon injury history.  Also Thuney is in his last year and I don't see the Pats handing out or matching a high contract offer. I prefer Risner because he plays tackle however Linstrom has played tackle in college and could fill in if needed.

The only value at 32 would be DL. with three players that could be there at 32. Lawrence (2 down player) Zach Allen and Simmons who I don't see Pats drafting. Pats need a run stuffer and that need can be picked later in the draft. Here are highlights of several DL in the draft, see bottom of the page.

https://www.patriots.com/video/2019-draft-prospects-michael-dogbe-dt-temple

9 hours ago, m haynes said:

IMO Offensive line is one of the Pats critical needs.  Two if the best in in the county will be there at 32 based on many mock drafts. Dalton Risner and  Chris Lindstrom. Both players can play multiple position on the line which adds to their value. Pats have lost most of there depth and have zero quality backup which is solely needed with Cannon injury history.  Also Thuney is in his last year and I don't see the Pats handing out or matching a high contract offer. I prefer Risner because he plays tackle however Linstrom has played tackle in college and could fill in if needed.

The only value at 32 would be DL. with three players that could be there at 32. Lawrence (2 down player) Zach Allen and Simmons who I don't see Pats drafting. Pats need a run stuffer and that need can be picked later in the draft. Here are highlights of several DL in the draft, see bottom of the page.

https://www.patriots.com/video/2019-draft-prospects-michael-dogbe-dt-temple

yeah we'll disagree on that. Thuney started as a rookie I don't see the need replacing him a year before he leaves. We don't need to draft a backup OL in the 1st round with much more pressing needs.

Jerry Tillery could be a Chris Jones clone and available at 32. Dexter Lawrence has really good pass rush productivity despite being called run stuffer. We also desperately need a WR, TE, DE before we need an OL. Safety is debatable. If everyone with comparable value is gone I could see Dalton Risner or Chris Lindstrom but I don't think this will happen. We can get a swing tackle late 2nd round or 3rd round.

Agree with most however I would be surprised that Tillay there at 32. I also see BB taking OL even if Tuney has a year left.  BB has taken many players that has left the Pats fan scratching there heads.  Just last year he picked two players that surprised the fan base. Wynn " why did we pick a guard!" and Sony, " a RB back in the 1st, BB never does that."  Easly " What is he doing, He small and injured."  Mankins and Mccorthy  "Are you kidding me"  And one of my all time favorites "  Cordelle Patterson, We have one of the best WR in the draft and BB trades the pick! The fans freaked out. We had zero WR at that time.

Wynn was one of my favorite players in the draft. I thought he would be a stud at GUARD. I was shocked we picked him. It took me a minute or two to realize he took him to play tackle. Shocked! 

Don't forget we had Mason and Tuney at that time.

27 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

This is a fairly shallow draft class for offensive lineman IMO. Especially when you take into the count how many teams will likely invest draft capital in some early. 

I agree 100%.  I liked Edward in the 2nd rd however I am reading some real concerns (very raw) on him lately. If we take him I see DS working his magic however that position, I agree falls off a cliff early in the 2nd rd. 

PS with Brady and the lack of a quality  back up how can the OL not be a concern. Major IMO. Just an example. Cannon goes down at likely scenario. and you bring in  for the year someone like Flemming!  We are screwed!

Reminds me of the year Denver beat us with the mailman playing LT!!!!

Deepest positions in the draft

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/top-3-deepest-positions-for-the-2019-nfl-draft

I remember thinking Nate Solder and Marcus Cannon having major flaws before Scar fixed em up. Solder especially as a prospect I thought was no better than a third rounder because he seemed so raw. Taylor has great tools to work with and despite a few gaps in his game, I think he is definitely a first round talent and will thrive here if selected.

15 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

I remember thinking Nate Solder and Marcus Cannon having major flaws before Scar fixed em up. Solder especially as a prospect I thought was no better than a third rounder because he seemed so raw. Taylor has great tools to work with and despite a few gaps in his game, I think he is definitely a first round talent and will thrive here if selected.

I agree concerning Solder. I watched videos (before the draft) showing him getting beat time after time on the outside and when the Pats picked him,  I was pissed.

Archived