Consensus Mock Draft - Post Combine - Pick 4 - Oakland Raiders

Danger

Who will the Raiders select with the 4th pick in the NFL Draft?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. -First Choice-

• QB Dwayne Haskins
    • OT Jawaan Taylor
    • DT Christian Wilkins
    • EDGE Josh Allen
    • WR DK Metcalf
    • LB Devin White
    • EDGE Montez Sweat
    • DL Rashan Gary
    • DT Ed Oliver
    • CB Greedy Williams
    • Other (Specify)
  2. 2. -Second Choice-

• QB Dwayne Haskins
    • OT Jawaan Taylor
    • DT Christian Wilkins
    • EDGE Josh Allen
    • WR DK Metcalf
    • LB Devin White
    • EDGE Montez Sweat
    • DL Rashan Gary
    • DT Ed Oliver
    • CB Greedy Williams
    • Other (Specify)
  3. 3. -Third Choice-

• QB Dwayne Haskins
    • OT Jawaan Taylor
    • DT Christian Wilkins
    • EDGE Josh Allen
    • WR DK Metcalf
    • LB Devin White
    • EDGE Montez Sweat
    • DL Rashan Gary
    • DT Ed Oliver
    • CB Greedy Williams
    • Other (Specify)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/20/2019 at 06:00 PM

Going to adopt the "1st choice, 2nd choice, 3rd choice" method. Meaning your first choice is worth 3 points, 2nd is worth 2, and 3rd is worth 1. Please do not select the same player multiple times in one selection. If you do, only the highest value will be taken for that and the lower duplicate votes will be discounted.

1. Arizona Cardinals: Kyler Murray, QB - Oklahoma
2. San Francisco 49ers: Nick Bosa, EDGE - Ohio State
3. New York Jets: Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama
4. Oakland Raiders:

More options will be added in later picks. If after 20+ votes the selection is clearly one person as the favorite we will move on to the next pick. Otherwise It will be ~24 hours before the poll closes. If there are 2/3 options that are close, there will be a runoff. This is who you think they WILL pick, not who they SHOULD pick.

Josh Allen for me 100%. Sucks seeing Q go one pick before us though. A lot of Raider fans in our forum actually don't like Allen at all. Think he is pure speed guy who simply goes unblocked. I predict most of them will prefer White or Sweat.

Ps I am going Allen, White then Sweat.

Does Allen really make sense for Oakland? I know there's this idea they have to replace Mack, but isn't there a reason they traded Mack? As in, that he wasn't a scheme fit? How does adding a poor mans Mack in Allen make any sense... I think the Raiders surprise and go with Gary, Gruden said they want a rusher who can rush from inside and outside, and to me that's Gary.

Allen is overrated among the media. Us Raider fans have watched a ton of tape on EDGE prospects, probably more so than any other fan base. We had 13 sacks last year...

A lot of Allens sacks are untouched, I think his bend is overrated, run defense is suspect, and he’s not a fit for a 4-3 at all, and no one with Allens hand size has ever really been successful as a premium pass rusher. 

I still think Allen would do well in the NFL with an above average pass rush and above average coverage. He’d be a great 3-4 OLB and a great fit on the Jets. I honestly hope he lands there. In a 4-3 system in the NFL I think Allen is average. 

Sweat I think is a way better version of Allen. Way better run defense and will become a better pass rusher. I think Sweat will be a better pro than Allen and I’ve been saying that since before the combine. 

Clelin Ferrell would be a perfect fit for the Raiders 4-3 scheme and the exact type of DE our DC likes. Elite run defender and solid pass rusher and big. Paul likes the Brandon Graham types. 4 may be a reach for Ferrell though. 

Burns I really like his array of pass rushing moves. He’s definitely the most skilled along with Bosa when it comes to technique. It all comes down to his frame. 

I personally like all three over Allen and most Raider fans agree here. Someone is gonna get a steal with Ferrell and Burns in the teens. I think Sweat is going 5 or 6 right after Allen though. 

27 minutes ago, BucShot said:

Does Allen really make sense for Oakland? I know there's this idea they have to replace Mack, but isn't there a reason they traded Mack? As in, that he wasn't a scheme fit? How does adding a poor mans Mack in Allen make any sense... I think the Raiders surprise and go with Gary, Gruden said they want a rusher who can rush from inside and outside, and to me that's Gary.

As far as I know, this had nothing to do with it. He had played both OLB / DE. As far as I know, the entire reason for the trade was the contract. 

#1 Allen 

I get what @BayRaider is saying that there are certainly some questions about Allen converting to a legitimate edge rusher at the next level. I think there's not a small chance that he ends up more Anthony Barr / Manny Lawson than a true edge rusher at the next level, which is a really fine player, but maybe not somebody you want to take at #4 if you need a true pass rusher. I get that. I even agree with Cwood regarding that there's a chance that NFL teams aren't as high on Allen as some of the fans are in this community. That would also make sense to me. That being said, he still appears to be the 2nd rated EDGE rusher on a lot of the draftniks board, and I would have him rated than the other edge rushers available, so I'm just going to roll with that. 

#2 Sweat

I think he's really cranked up the boards and may be the second or third EDGE off the board. I Think he'd be a really good fit for this defense as well. 

#3 Haskins

Sorry raiders fans, this isn't about what I would do, but what I think the Raiders might do. And I can't completely discount the possibility of Haskins going here if Gruden falls in love with him. So I'm going to put him as a very distant third behind those two. I feel this is actually still more likely than White, however. I think #4 would be rich for white, and I think it's more likely the Raiders would want to address more positionally important areas (edge rusher being the most obvious) and go off the ball linebacker with one of their later picks. Bush would make a lot of sense with one of those other three picks in the top 35. 

2 hours ago, BucShot said:

Mack wasn' traded because of scheme fit.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Allen is overrated among the media. Us Raider fans have watched a ton of tape on EDGE prospects, probably more so than any other fan base. We had 13 sacks last year...

A lot of Allens sacks are untouched, I think his bend is overrated, run defense is suspect, and he’s not a fit for a 4-3 at all, and no one with Allens hand size has ever really been successful as a premium pass rusher. 

I still think Allen would do well in the NFL with an above average pass rush and above average coverage. He’d be a great 3-4 OLB and a great fit on the Jets. I honestly hope he lands there. In a 4-3 system in the NFL I think Allen is average. 

Sweat I think is a way better version of Allen. Way better run defense and will become a better pass rusher. I think Sweat will be a better pro than Allen and I’ve been saying that since before the combine. 

Clelin Ferrell would be a perfect fit for the Raiders 4-3 scheme and the exact type of DE our DC likes. Elite run defender and solid pass rusher and big. Paul likes the Brandon Graham types. 4 may be a reach for Ferrell though. 

Burns I really like his array of pass rushing moves. He’s definitely the most skilled along with Bosa when it comes to technique. It all comes down to his frame. 

I personally like all three over Allen and most Raider fans agree here. Someone is gonna get a steal with Ferrell and Burns in the teens. I think Sweat is going 5 or 6 right after Allen though. 

You definitely don't speak for all Raiders fans. In fact, you probably don't speak for most Raiders fans.

Allen is an elite prospect to me and many others. He can pretty easily play both with his hand in the ground and standing up as he has the size and strength to play nearer to the line. The distinctions between 4-3 and 3-4 defenses are overblown as teams spend more than half of their snaps in nickel (although I'm happy that the Chiefs apparently don't think the same way).

Also, watching the Raiders defense last year, Guenther is just fine letting his ends stand up if he thinks they're better off or its an obvious passing situation. Key often stood up when rushing the passer or playing the run. Key isn't a great player (or a good player based on last year alone), but I think how he was used speaks to Guenther's flexibility when it comes to using edge rushers.

I would hate to see the Raiders skip on what I view as an All-Pro talent to a barely Pro-Bowl talent in Ferrell. I wouldn't mind Gary as much, but I have Gary a clear step down from Allen.

6 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Mack wasn' traded because of scheme fit.

You definitely don't speak for all Raiders fans. In fact, you probably don't speak for most Raiders fans.

Allen is an elite prospect to me and many others. He can pretty easily play both with his hand in the ground and standing up as he has the size and strength to play nearer to the line. The distinctions between 4-3 and 3-4 defenses are overblown as teams spend more than half of their snaps in nickel (although I'm happy that the Chiefs apparently don't think the same way).

Also, watching the Raiders defense last year, Guenther is just fine letting his ends stand up if he thinks they're better off or its an obvious passing situation. Key often stood up when rushing the passer or playing the run. Key isn't a great player (or a good player based on last year alone), but I think how he was used speaks to Guenther's flexibility when it comes to using edge rushers.

I would hate to see the Raiders skip on what I view as an All-Pro talent to a barely Pro-Bowl talent in Ferrell. I wouldn't mind Gary as much, but I have Gary a clear step down from Allen.

As long as you wouldn’t pick him over QW I respect your opinion on the matter. We’ll just have to agree to disagree. 

I wouldn’t be mad if Allen was the pick if QW and Bosa are gone but he’s definitely not gonna be some superstar some were hyping him up as. He’ll be a quality player though. 

10 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Josh Allen for me 100%. Sucks seeing Q go one pick before us though. A lot of Raider fans in our forum actually don't like Allen at all. Think he is pure speed guy who simply goes unblocked. I predict most of them will prefer White or Sweat.

Ps I am going Allen, White then Sweat.

Are the Raiders playing in an odd front?  I've got a feeling this one is Rashan Gary here.

Archived