rcon14 Mock 3.0

rcon14

13 minutes ago, deathstar said:

I was super intrigued by him because of his combine. When watching him though the guy doesn't seem to know what he's doing out there. He knows how to run forward into the line and that's about it.

Oh yeah, you're 100% trying to teach him how to actually use his gifts. A risk worth taking on day 3, when you're pretty much just dealing with UDFA talent anyway. Pretty similar to the Donnerson pick, honestly.

I'm still on the Ferrell (#12) Simmons (#30) bandwagon (with FS CGJ/Thornhill/Savage in round 2) but both scenarios get Edge/DL/FS, just not in the same order.

Ed Oliver/Thornhill/Winovich.................or Ferrell/Simmons/and any of the above FS at #44.

I prefer my choice (obviously, since it's mine), but yours is very nice. I do like the high-end athletes later on, that is very Green Bay these days.

16 hours ago, rcon14 said:

The combine was massive for him and here's what he did, numbers come from RAS, Waldo scores and percentiles from my own spreadsheets:

Chase Winovich
4.59 40
1.57 10
30.5 Vert
9'8'' broad
4.11 shuttle
6.94 3C
8.56 RAS

Waldo Scores (Percentile):
41.03 Mass (48)
.88 Power (29)
2.77 Speed 40 (89)
4.63 Speed 10 (95)
3.49 Agility (87)
.94 Twitch (91)

The guy is a phenomenal athlete and would provide some diversity to our front. We have to remember that it is likely that Za'Darius is used as a stand-up 3T rusher on passing downs, so having another EDGE will be needed.

Is there a film reel of him winning with speed? Every time I've watched Winovich it was just a long stream of him failing to get the edge and dying on impact. 

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Is there a film reel of him winning with speed? Every time I've watched Winovich it was just a long stream of him failing to get the edge and dying on impact. 

Winovich's tape is kind of weird. He actually wins a lot with inside counters, which is something that is actually pretty unique. Most guys with his kind of athletic numbers just want to run the edge, but he's already developed a counter to that that is pretty effective. Quite frankly, Winovich, especially early, is just a 3rd down guy, so I really don't care about his run fits at all. If you want to run the ball on 3rd and 7 on him, be my guest.

2 hours ago, rcon14 said:

Winovich's tape is kind of weird. He actually wins a lot with inside counters, which is something that is actually pretty unique. Most guys with his kind of athletic numbers just want to run the edge, but he's already developed a counter to that that is pretty effective. Quite frankly, Winovich, especially early, is just a 3rd down guy, so I really don't care about his run fits at all. If you want to run the ball on 3rd and 7 on him, be my guest.

It's not really unique, it's a guy that rushes with a plan and utilizes a move every rush.

Being super developed from a skillet perspective coming out is nice, but it limits the ceiling. And the Winovich of last year isn't hanging in the pros.

Minimally I think you can do a lot better looking for a pure rush guy. 

I like a lot of what you did here, but I think Q Williams and Simmons are the generational talents available in this draft. I think Dillard is going to be a star as well.  I personally would prefer going to get one or two of them.

I am not a big MI fan, but I do like the Long and Wino picks in this draft, I think they would fill out the depth on this defense really nice.

I am more an Adderly and Hooker fan than Thornhill, but I do like Thornhill's potential. I just think the better instincts, which are most crucial to S play IMO, are with Adderly and Hooker in this draft.

I like where you take each position in this draft. 

Even though we went heavy on defense in free agency and there is a chance Lafleur will want to add an offensive play-maker early, I would really like to see us go Edge, Safety, and D-lineman(maybe ILB if Bush falls) with our first 3 picks to really try and transform our defense. My exceptions would be if Fant or Hockenson are there at 30 or a guy like Risner or a receiver they really like falls to 44.

The third round is personally where I want us to grab an O-lineman and I really like the idea of grabbing a TE/WR combo in the 4th. I would be very happy with the combo you have in this mock of Josh Oliver and Terry McLaurin. I would like a RB a littler earlier but can't complain. 

Not so sure you address the top draft priorities IMO.

Top 3 priorities - again IMO = TE, OL, WR, S

Next priorities = DL, ILB, RB, QB

I see Round 1 with the Packers not trading back late but possibly early. R1 = TE and OL, R2 = S, R3 WR, R4 and after top Edge and then the rest of the priorities. I see doublign up on OL and TE.

Archived