rcon14 Mock 3.0

rcon14

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Trust me, nobody is more on board with the idea that the RB is the most replaceable portion of the running game than I am. 

I also think that you're seeing data skew due to FBs and short yardage runners in the 6th/7th round category. Just a theory, but I'll bet there's a very high number of TDs relative to carries in that group.

Nope, in this case fullbacks are classified so they aren't included in this set of data. I calculated TD% and it's all over the place, I didn't want to add it because TDs are largely "splash" plays so to speak. Quick data (can't format it now):

• Round1 3,03%
  • Round2 2,42%
  • Round3 2,73%
  • Round4 4,33%
  • Round5 3,08%
  • Round6 1,90%
  • Round7 2,36%

4 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I feel like you're failing to take into account Barkley's ability to operate as a secondary pass target. That adds a level of value that a guy like Peterson just didn't/doesn't have. 

Problem is, RB catches are generally short gains (they start between 5 and 7 yards behind the LOS, so this makes sense). So instead of throwing to Barkley, you could throw to your average slot receiver and get the same thing.

3 hours ago, rcon14 said:

Problem is, RB catches are generally short gains (they start between 5 and 7 yards behind the LOS, so this makes sense). So instead of throwing to Barkley, you could throw to your average slot receiver and get the same thing.

The ability to split the back out into the slot receiver alignment is what makes them valuable. 

Unless you're a receiving mismatch lining up against your direct defensive counterpart, you have no business going early as a skill position player. 

If, however, as a RB you can be split out and be a reliable target when matched up against LBs and Safeties, you now being something to the table.

7 hours ago, squire12 said:

It is the ability of a RB to offer high quality reps and performance/production as both a runner and pass catcher.  There are lots of RB that can serve as pass catchers like Barkley, but few that can do both.

49 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The ability to split the back out into the slot receiver alignment is what makes them valuable. 

Unless you're a receiving mismatch lining up against your direct defensive counterpart, you have no business going early as a skill position player. 

If, however, as a RB you can be split out and be a reliable target when matched up against LBs and Safeties, you now being something to the table.

This right here.  Being able to do both rushing and pass receiving from various positions (slot, split wide, out of the backfield, etc) is what separates the top Tier RB from others.  

Archived