Small Business Thread

NYRaider

• 4 weeks later...

Someone told me about a mobile butcher that buys primals and cuts them up into steaks, then delivers in rural areas to sell to locals who can’t get to food easily.

I want to do that. Problem is, I don’t know if that exists in America.

Just now, Dome said:

Someone told me about a mobile butcher that buys primals and cuts them up into steaks, then delivers in rural areas to sell to locals who can’t get to food easily.

I want to do that. Problem is, I don’t know if that exists in America.

You can make it exist in America. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

You can make it exist in America. 

Just road tripping small town to small town, stocking up on beef and pork as I find wholesalers? Posting up in vacant lot with my slaughter wagon with out of state plates and rooftop camper hoping for lost and weary souls who just so happen to need steak that night?

if that exists in America, it’s a serial killer

Edited by Dome
  • Like 4

I’m a self employed truck driver. I’ve done pretty well for myself until recently. Currently I’m on the brink of a mental and financial breakdown because my truck broke down and it’s been over a week and still no fix. I’m losing money hand over fist right now with no definitive answer as to what the hell is wrong with my truck. Hopefully I can get out of this rut soon, if not I don’t know how much longer I’ll be self employed lol.

7 hours ago, Dome said:

Just road tripping small town to small town, stocking up on beef and pork as I find wholesalers? Posting up in vacant lot with my slaughter wagon with out of state plates and rooftop camper hoping for lost and weary souls who just so happen to need steak that night?

You could take this idea/concept and then parlay it into a "food truck" concept. It's not the same, but if you parlay the "home grown" and authentic concept of local wholesale meats into great taste, people will 100% buy it.

For example, my dad grew up in a really small town/village (graduating class of 79 people, appriximately 3,500-5,000 people, 2 traffic lights, etc.) and a local farmer used his own pork and beef in a "dairy queen" model (pork tenderloin, hot dogs, ribeye sandwiches, pulled pork, etc.) to go with soft serve ice cream. While that model is now outdated since the 70's, it would be GREAT with a food truck model. 

JMHO

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

You could take this idea/concept and then parlay it into a "food truck" concept. It's not the same, but if you parlay the "home grown" and authentic concept of local wholesale meats into great taste, people will 100% buy it.

For example, my dad grew up in a really small town/village (graduating class of 79 people, appriximately 3,500-5,000 people, 2 traffic lights, etc.) and a local farmer used his own pork and beef in a "dairy queen" model (pork tenderloin, hot dogs, ribeye sandwiches, pulled pork, etc.) to go with soft serve ice cream. While that model is now outdated since the 70's, it would be GREAT with a food truck model. 

JMHO

I hate to be the one to inform you, but that man was a serial killer.

2 minutes ago, Dome said:

I hate to be the one to inform you, but that man was a serial killer.

I hope not. I still buy 1/2 or 1/4 of a cow from him (local farmer)...and it's DELICIOUS. Grass fed, free range. The beef is unbelievably tender. The ground beef alone makes the purchase worthwhile, let alone the STEAKS.

Just now, MWil23 said:

I hope not. I still buy 1/2 or 1/4 of a cow from him (local farmer)...and it's DELICIOUS. Grass fed, free range. The beef is unbelievably tender. The ground beef alone makes the purchase worthwhile, let alone the STEAKS.

Your half beef hung on a hook next to a human who’d been strangled, just fyi 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Dome said:

not to mention, regulators and health inspectors would be all over an enterprise like that.