Randall Cobb 1 year 5 mil to the cowboys

49erurtaza

3 hours ago, Leader said:

From a Packer beat reporter: Aaron Rodgers in his career when targeting Randall Cobb: 430/620 (69.4%) for 5,092 yards, 39 TDs, 7 INTs, 256 first downs, 110.4 passer rating.

Dak will have similar numbers, no doubt.

Cobb was excellent for GB...when they went to the offense that centered around extending plays with Rodgers legs.  Cobb would work open and was always on the same page as Aaron.  NFL learned to contain that feature of the offense, Cobb got injured (often) and his production went way down.

I can't remember it exactly, but when he had his breakout year, 2/3 of his yards came on extended plays.  (I did that research once as was shocked at his production on extended plays, thought he wouldn't do half of that with another QB) Without a QB or a system that relies on that, he's a very average guy.  But...he's a leader, he's very bright and he will be a professional in every sense of the word.

I hope he does well.  He set himself up for success.  He's not the main guy on offense, maybe not even in the top 3.  As a #4 option or #5, I think he can produce some.  I wish him well.

I’m a Cobb Apologist. Cobb’s problem is staying healthy. Each of the last couple years he’s had a few good games, tweeked something, and then been ineffective. At 5’9” if his speed isn’t 100% he doesn’t offer much. 

I could see him push 1000 yards if he plays 16 games. That isn’t likely though.

17 hours ago, Pool said:

And Eric Berry is from Georgia. One way or another one of these things is not like the others. :P

Nah, you see, playing football at the glorious University of Tennessee washes the shame of not being a Tennessean by birth away.  So Berry is now a native Tennessean.

Peyton too.

8 hours ago, Daniel said:

Nah, you see, playing football at the glorious University of Tennessee washes the shame of not being a Tennessean by birth away.  So Berry is now a native Tennessean.

Peyton too.

I can get behind that. 

Archived