Browns "aggressively" shopping Haden

BwickRedux

We would also be eating over $10M this year already to trade him. 

How much more are we going to have to pay for him to not play here if we rework his deal?

I just don't see any sense in paying a guy the same amount of money to play for another team as you would to play for yours. Even if he's last on the depth chart.

We can walk away from his contract next year for $3.2M in dead cap. I think that is what happens, because it makes the most sense.

8 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

We would also be eating over $10M this year already to trade him. 

How much more are we going to have to pay for him to not play here if we rework his deal?

I just don't see any sense in paying a guy the same amount of money to play for another team as you would to play for yours. Even if he's last on the depth chart.

We can walk away from his contract next year for $3.2M in dead cap. I think that is what happens, because it makes the most sense.

We're paying 15M to take on Brock to get a 2nd. I could see us eating a chunk Haden's deal to get a 3rd. It's not that far fetched. 

Just now, sdrawkcab321 said:

We're paying 15M to take on Brock to get a 2nd. I could see us eating a chunk Haden's deal to get a 3rd. It's not that far fetched. 

We won't be getting a 3rd for Haden. Collins went for a 3rd. Haden is more of a 5th or 6th round guy. 
I always think it is dumb to trade away serviceable corners, they tend to drop like flies, it is a highly injury prone position.  

2 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

That is a false equivalency.  

It might be a valid argument if we were taking on Haden's contract and getting Haden the player as well as the pick.

If there is a team that is willing to give us a 3rd round pick for an $11M corner coming off two groin tears, then that there is a team run by a fool who isn't going to be employed very much longer.

48 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Just accept it. Listen to hue after practice today. They kept joe from talking to the media for a purpose. 

This lacanfora denial is getting ridiculous. 

Lol....are you serious?

Do you really think they would make a player available to the media hours after media rumors of their impending trade?

What type of questions do you think Joe would've been asked? (Joe what do you think of Hue and Sashi? Do you want to stay in Cleveland?, etc...)

Hue didn't give indication one way or the other...saying "I just got off the field and I don't know anything about that...I want Joe on this team, he's played well, I trust our FO to do what's best for the team"

You're projecting onto Hue your desires for real

Yeah sure...La Canfora is always right just like when he said....

The Bills, after finalizing Anthony Lynn as their head coach, will make a push for Gus Bradley as their defensive coordinator

— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) January 2, 2017

1 hour ago, ditchdigger said:

LaCanfora doing some work for Haden's agent.

List of reasons Haden can't and won't be traded too long to bother writing. 

If he is, I'll eat my hat.

never bet a hat eating

guaranteed you'll have to eat a hat now

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Every reporter is wrong about stuff. But the La Canfora against the browns paranoia is crazy. No one has came out and said anything against the trade like any other team would if they had no intentions in trading a player. 

You're right that Hue didn't come out and deny the trade, but what he did say was "I don't know that to be the case," he can't deny a report he knows nothing about...

The organization would then have to send out a press release via Sashi or Hue denying the alleged rumor. Organizations aren't going to do that because there are tons of rumors throughout the season.

It's not just about La Canfora or MKC...it's just good not to take reports via nfl reporters as 100% fact. I like to wait until the facts come in because often the things put out there completel contradict and oppose other reported info within hours/days...

Wentz going first, Trubisky going first, this guy getting traded...etc

I honestly don't see the point in trading him. Unless they can actually get a respectable offer in return for him, which I doubt they'll be able to do. He's obviously a shell of his former self, but what's behind him on the depth chart isn't impressive either. Taylor is decent, and BBC has shown flashes. That's pretty much about it. I think we're better off just keeping him this year.

41 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I honestly don't see the point in trading him. Unless they can actually get a respectable offer in return for him, which I doubt they'll be able to do. He's obviously a shell of his former self, but what's behind him on the depth chart isn't impressive either. Taylor is decent, and BBC has shown flashes. That's pretty much about it. I think we're better off just keeping him this year.

I will say it again, stop being the voice of reason!  that is frowned upon in these parts!

Archived