Raiders are signing LB Vontaze Burfict

agarcia34

I don't mind the move. Its not likely to be a franchise changer, but hes still relatively young, has played at a very high level in the past, has an extensive history with the current coordinator, we have nothing at LB, and hes a veteran that could be a very useful presence on a team that will likely have a ton of youth in the front seven. I think a veteran MLB makes a lot of sense on a team likely to dradt a couple edge rushers early and probably another LB to man the weak side. Asking a rookie to QB the defense on a team with a ton of youth up front just makes it their job that much more difficult. Its very low risk, and could have a decent reward. I would have like Marshall more, but the past ties make sense. Would still love a guy like Devin Bush if hes available with one of the later firsts. He could slide into the WLB spot perfectly. 

• Like 1

I'm not crazy about it but we needed to add a veteran LB before the draft. Whitehead and Burfict were both bad last year but they've played well in the past and both guys are still fairly young. Hopefully Nicolas Morrow and Jason Cabinda can step up next year and be rotational guys for us and we add a LB in the draft. 

52 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Exactly what I said in the other thread.  The guy is playing MLB in the NFL not ballet.  Football is a violent sport and he will make people think twice about going over the middle if he is healthy.  

Ok, square that with intentionally twisting another guys ankle twice in the same game...

I'll wait...

You know what, never mind, I won't.

That is a defect of character. 

I will always ride for and root for my Nation.

I won't for this trashcan.

• Like 2