Raiders are signing LB Vontaze Burfict

agarcia34

16 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Ok, square that with intentionally twisting another guys ankle twice in the same game...

I'll wait...

You know what, never mind, I won't.

That is a defect of character. 

I will always ride for and root for my Nation.

I won't for this trashcan.

Was Ronnie Lott a piece of trash, or how about Jack Tatum?  They were legends in a violent sport who played violently and hard.  They were labeled cheap shot artists. 

Burfict is labeled a piece of trash bc he is a hard nosed football player yet real trash like Tyreek Hill, Joe Mixon and Kareem Hunt are all revered and their infractions are rarely mentioned by the media. 

Was Lott a trashcan for hits like this?

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 4

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

Was Ronnie Lott a piece of trash, or how about Jack Tatum?  They were legends in a violent sport. 

Burfict is labeled a piece of trash bc he is a hard nosed football player yet real trash like Tyreek Hill, Joe Mixon and Kareem Hunt are all revered and their infractions are rarely mentioned by the media. 

1 hour ago, Mr Raider said:

I don't mind the move. Its not likely to be a franchise changer, but hes still relatively young, has played at a very high level in the past, has an extensive history with the current coordinator, we have nothing at LB, and hes a veteran that could be a very useful presence on a team that will likely have a ton of youth in the front seven. I think a veteran MLB makes a lot of sense on a team likely to dradt a couple edge rushers early and probably another LB to man the weak side. Asking a rookie to QB the defense on a team with a ton of youth up front just makes it their job that much more difficult. Its very low risk, and could have a decent reward. I would have like Marshall more, but the past ties make sense. Would still love a guy like Devin Bush if hes available with one of the later firsts. He could slide into the WLB spot perfectly. 

Bush at WLB, Burfict at MLB move Whitehead to SLB i can roll with that!

• Like 2

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

Was Ronnie Lott a piece of trash, or how about Jack Tatum?  They were legends in a violent sport who played violently and hard.  They were labeled cheap shot artists. 

Some would argue they were.

They also played in an era where stickum, cut blocks, no defenseless receivers, crackbacks, hard cast helmet slapping/clubbing, beers, juicing and pills before games etc etc etc.

It's 2018 and that stuff is rightfully completely out of bounds. But not for Burfict.

6 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Some would argue they were.

They also played in an era where stickum, cut blocks, no defenseless receivers, crackbacks, hard cast helmet slapping/clubbing, beers, juicing and pills before games etc etc etc.

It's 2018 and that stuff is rightfully completely out of bounds. But not for Burfict.

The guy is a hard nosed football player who has some questionable hits.  

A few weeks ago tons of guys on here were clamoring for Suh.  Yeah this guy....  

and now they want to bash Burfict.  Totally hypocritical for anyone to want Suh on their team and bash VB. If I would have asked you a week ago if you wanted Suh on this team what would have said?  If you say no bc he's a dirty player I would not believe you bc he is no longer portrayed as one by the media.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Was Lott a trashcan for hits like this?

Oh and Hill, Mixon and Hunt are all trash to me as well. They were all critizied and knocked down in value because of their past as well. They also aren't dirty on the field.

5 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Oh and Hill, Mixon and Hunt are all trash to me as well. They were all critizied and knocked down in value because of their past as well. They also aren't dirty on the field.

I would rather take dirty on the field than off the field, real life scumbags like those 3.  My point is no one mentions anything about Hill as he is in the midst of a "record setting contract".  Read what he did if you want to see a real life trashcan....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

The guy is a hard nosed football player who has some questionable hits.  

A few weeks ago tons of guys on here were clamoring for Suh.  Yeah this guy....  

and now they want to bash Burfict.  Totally hypocritical for anyone to want Suh on their team and bash VB. If I would have asked you a week ago if you wanted Suh on this team what would have said?  If you say no bc he's a dirty player I would not believe you bc he is no longer portrayed as one by the media.  

Who was clamoring for Suh?

Not me!

But to your point. You maybe right that Suh hasn't been called out recently for his trashcan ways because the last incident was more than 4 years ago if I recall correctly. (definitely can be wrong here but I don't remember anything bad from his time on the Dolphins and I don't watch their games.)

VB on the other hand was still leading with his helmet and blasting guys already wrapped up LAST YEAR. This is after he was warned, suspended, fined and supposedly ,according to the NFL, taught how to tackle correctly.

You can try to minimize or call it "hard nosed" or whatever you want but the proof is right there on film for all to see. I get it's a violent game but there comes a point when you see a pattern and VB has set that pattern loud and clear. If you are beating him or its a bad matchup for him or he doesn't like you, he might spear you, twist your ankle or ring your bell while you aren't looking and there is no excuse for that except he is damaged.

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I would rather take dirty on the field than off the field, real life scumbags like those 3.  My point is no one mentions anything about Hill as he is in the midst of a "record setting contract".  Read what he did if you want to see a real life trashcan....

They both are are garbage and I don't want either one.

I can't control what others think.

And Hill hasn't signed anything yet and the Queefs would complete fools if they went ahead with that deal after what MAY have happened last week.

2 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Who was clamoring for Suh?

Not me!

But to your point. You maybe right that Suh hasn't been called out recently for his trashcan ways because the last incident was more than 4 years ago if I recall correctly. (definitely can be wrong here but I don't remember anything bad from his time on the Dolphins and I don't watch their games.)

VB on the other hand was still leading with his helmet and blasting guys already wrapped up LAST YEAR. This is after he was warned, suspended, fined and supposedly ,according to the NFL, taught how to tackle correctly.

You can try to minimize or call it "hard nosed" or whatever you want but the proof is right there on film for all to see. I get it's a violent game but there comes a point when you see a pattern and VB has set that pattern loud and clear. If you are beating him or its a bad matchup for him or he doesn't like you, he might spear you, twist your ankle or ring your bell while you aren't looking and there is no excuse for that except he is damaged.

2 or 3 clips on that video was from his days in Miami so your recollection is inaccurate.   Suh stepped on someones manhood LOL but it's never brought up anymore.  

Do you think it is an advantage to have an enforcer as your MLB that other players fear?  I do and VB can be that guy if he is healthy.