Raiders are signing LB Vontaze Burfict

agarcia34

9 hours ago, Jerry said:

We can always draft 4 DEs.  

I'd be happy with 2 even trading up if there is an early run. Hoping Zona takes Murray and Jets go weapon or protection for their young QB. Then SF will only take one of my top 3. Bosa/Allen/QW

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NickButera said:

I'm worried we waited too long to get an impact DE. Anyone we get now is 1 year fodder. Even if we draft one impact player, our pass rush isn't going to get much better over last year.  Which is sad as it was one of our clearest areas of need.

Well we cant overturn this roster in 1 offseason, so i would take 1 year guys at DE. If we can land either Houston or Ansah and a rotational guy at DE plus another vet at LB imo we have done pretty good considering where we came from. And then it's all about hitting in the draft.

17 hours ago, NickButera said:

I'm worried we waited too long to get an impact DE. Anyone we get now is 1 year fodder. Even if we draft one impact player, our pass rush isn't going to get much better over last year.  Which is sad as it was one of our clearest areas of need.

What impact DE were we supposed to add? Clark, Clowney, Ford, and Lawerence all got tagged before free agency even started. We would've had to overpay for an average pass rusher, ZaDarius Smith has 18 sacks in 4 seasons and got 4 yr/$66M, Trey Flowers has 21 sacks in 3 seasons and got 5 yr/$90M, and Preston Smith has 24 sacks in 4 seasons and got 4 yr/$52M. We could still potentially add Justin Houston or Ziggy Ansah on a short term deal but there really wasn't any good long-term solution at edge for us in free agency this year unless we wanted to grossly overpay a rotational player. 

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'm glad they seem to have put the past behind them but that wouldn't have happened or been a public issue unless they were forced to by public pressure and perception from being signed to the same team. They are smart enough to know that they have to coexist to accomplish anything.

I know VB is on a one year deal but my take is neither will be a Raider in 2020.

2 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Yeah, if anything comes of the VB signing it could be letting Cabinda learn behind him. Both the right and the wrong way to do things. I think Guenther will really coach him up.

Burfict has only played all 16 games twice and has had like 7 documented concussions during his career. Cabinda will start some games for us this year.