Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
agarcia34

Raiders are signing LB Vontaze Burfict

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'm all for this. He played his best ball when under Paul. He knows exactly what he excels at and can fit him in seamlessly. We have a real bad - in the middle of our D.

And about to have another bad MLB. In more ways than one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like this move. Growing up a Man Utd fan, my favourite players were Roy Keane and then Wayne Rooney. Both played with an edge and something's that edge spilled out into them doing something illegal on the field. I feel Burfict is the same. He plays with an edge from wanting to win and he can't control it sometimes. He may be a 'dirty' player, but I haven't heard of him beating a kid or women or doing anything abhorrent, something a number of current NFL players have done and that are often overlooked. From all accounts he is intelligent and PG obviously feels that his potential good play outways the negatives.

This is undoubtedly a risk, anyone who says otherwise is wrong. He absolutely could lose us a game, maybe an important one by being reckless or he could be one injury away from the scrapheap. But he is also only a year away (incidently the last year he has with his DC) from very, very good LB play - better than anyone we've had on our team for a decade.

Edited by reddevil
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not my first choice but at least we are working on it.  I like the aggression but hope he keeps it together.  I do not mind a borderline hit from my MLB or safeties.  My major concern is his speed though.  We need to get some range from our 3rd LBer and will will be really slow if we try to put Lee out there with him.  I agree that if Bush is there late in the first we need to take him as long as a major DE has not fallen to us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't like dirty players but this is a plus, I will admit:

Quote

“I know what everybody on the defense is supposed to be doing,” Burfict said. “Lined up, yards, off-the-man type stuff. I know just little details in the defense and I think my knowledge can help everybody, especially while I’m on the field wearing the mic. 

“If somebody doesn’t know what they have to do, then obviously I’m going to realize if we are supposed to have an end in the 9-technique or 6-technique. And if they’re not in the right spot, I can obviously help them by just my visual and knowing how it’s supposed to look set up.”  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

Ok, square that with intentionally twisting another guys ankle twice in the same game...

I'll wait...

You know what, never mind, I won't.

That is a defect of character. 

I will always ride for and root for my Nation.

I won't for this trashcan.

Just interested to know how you felt/feel about the Soul Patrol or Lyla Alzado or Bill Romanowski? 

I don't think Burfict is any worse than these guys, he's a tough player who sometimes crosses the line as the above did. They are celebrated whilst Burfict is ostracised. I think this move makes sense, had his best years under our current DC and I was surprised to learn he is still only 28. Hope he plays MLB and I think that is the plan for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 million more that should have went to Mack!!! Yeah everybody wants to play for Da Raidazzzz. 1.5 mil I'd be cool with because he will get flagged often and probably costing us games because refs will be looking for it. I like a little nastiness to the team but not this guy. I'll root for his success but I don't like this at all. Yes I'd take Hunt over this as Hunt won't be doing it again. VB WILL bring it and won't time it right every time. Luckily the contract isn't in Vegas...Cooper/Mack/Carr three guys I had ZERO worries about with the move, now I question the team will stay there as I'm betting on the players giving the NFL an even blacker eye in less than 10 years with Chucky leading this mess. I'm so done with this that I'll bet I'm working for the team in less than 3 years...Probably in PR as they'll need it.

I think I'll be rooting against us from here on out. Not a fan of another team, but like a cancer in the locker room that can't be cut because that's the Raider way baby... Damn sheep

If you don't like it then like EA says...

GET OVER IT!!!

Welcome to the real 'black hole'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, G said:

5 million more that should have went to Mack!!! Yeah everybody wants to play for Da Raidazzzz. 1.5 mil I'd be cool with because he will get flagged often and probably costing us games because refs will be looking for it. I like a little nastiness to the team but not this guy. I'll root for his success but I don't like this at all. Yes I'd take Hunt over this as Hunt won't be doing it again. VB WILL bring it and won't time it right every time. Luckily the contract isn't in Vegas...Cooper/Mack/Carr three guys I had ZERO worries about with the move, now I question the team will stay there as I'm betting on the players giving the NFL an even blacker eye in less than 10 years with Chucky leading this mess. I'm so done with this that I'll bet I'm working for the team in less than 3 years...Probably in PR as they'll need it.

I think I'll be rooting against us from here on out. Not a fan of another team, but like a cancer in the locker room that can't be cut because that's the Raider way baby... Damn sheep

If you don't like it then like EA says...

GET OVER IT!!!

Welcome to the real 'black hole'

I'm shocked at this. What if that was your sister or daughter?

It's one thing hitting a guy late on a football field who knows what he's signed up to and knows what to expect and totally another assaulting a girl or a woman.

I can totally understand not wanting to root for a 'dirty' player but this all seems a bit extreme G.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I'm shocked at this. What if that was your sister or daughter?

It's one thing hitting a guy late on a football field who knows what he's signed up to and knows what to expect and totally another assaulting a girl or a woman.

I can totally understand not wanting to root for a 'dirty' player but this all seems a bit extreme G.

I understand where you're coming from and wrote a long reply explaining parts of my life and why I think this way but...This isn't the place to do that (football form not therapy LOL) and I respect your reasons for saying so. I'm just being honest, which is in short supply. I am a bit extreme or intense from time to time and my 'filter' isn't like the average persons. I also hold myself to higher standards than I hold others.

On the football field I would rather have Hunt's history over VB's. As I need to keep this on the topic of football. However I could see why a fan wouldn't want ANY player with a DV history on their team. It can be black or white for some but I see a lot of grey in life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The guy is one concussion away from being a plant IMO.

He hasn't played close to a full season since ages.

With that said he was solid or good under PG and can definately set the tone on D.

He will be a 2 down run stopper at MLB for us IMO.

I hope they will try to really put a guy behind him, since 5-10 games is what he will give us IMO. Maybe Cabinda can learn and get more confortable behind him and take over in the middle.

 

Still would like to look pretty hard on B.Marshall, since this Whitehead-Burfict LB duo is a disaster waiting to happen in coverage...Would definately like to see Marshall in as WLB and move Tahir to SLB. Tahir-Burfict-Marshall as a base set with Burfict and hopefully Tahir too to come out in sub packages and a guy like Morrow or Cabinda or a rookie to go up next to Marshall...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, G said:

I understand where you're coming from and wrote a long reply explaining parts of my life and why I think this way but...This isn't the place to do that (football form not therapy LOL) and I respect your reasons for saying so. I'm just being honest, which is in short supply. I am a bit extreme or intense from time to time and my 'filter' isn't like the average persons. I also hold myself to higher standards than I hold others.

On the football field I would rather have Hunt's history over VB's. As I need to keep this on the topic of football. However I could see why a fan wouldn't want ANY player with a DV history on their team. It can be black or white for some but I see a lot of grey in life.

Fair enough, we don't always have to agree and if we did it would be a pretty boring forum. Hope whatever ails you is sorted and we can all enjoy the draft and some decent Raiders football next season!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

for cheap... we run alot of 4-2-6 anyway

We playing with 12 players now? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Was Ronnie Lott a piece of trash, or how about Jack Tatum?  They were legends in a violent sport who played violently and hard.  They were labeled cheap shot artists. 

Burfict is labeled a piece of trash bc he is a hard nosed football player yet real trash like Tyreek Hill, Joe Mixon and Kareem Hunt are all revered and their infractions are rarely mentioned by the media. 

Was Lott a trashcan for hits like this?

 

Revered by the media? This is one of the dumbest things you've ever posted and it's been reported.

Edited by SBXISBXVSBXVIII

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

another risky cheap shot and he could get another concussion 

And be a vegetable for the rest of his life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

The guy is a hard nosed football player who has some questionable hits.  

A few weeks ago tons of guys on here were clamoring for Suh.  Yeah this guy....  

 and now they want to bash Burfict.  Totally hypocritical for anyone to want Suh on their team and bash VB. If I would have asked you a week ago if you wanted Suh on this team what would have said?  If you say no bc he's a dirty player I would not believe you bc he is no longer portrayed as one by the media.  

Who are the tons of guys that were clamoring for Suh a couple of weeks ago?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...