Raiders sign Vontaze Burfict LB

49erurtaza

I've never heard about Burfict being trouble off the field. Maybe he's a nice guy otherwise, who knows? I'm not an aggressive person at all, but when I played football in gym class I would trip guys or bring them down by the neck without thinking about it. It bothered me that I would do things that were clearly wrong without even processing it until after the fact. I realized in short order that this was not a sport I should play, and moved on to other things instead. I think Burfict must have been well aware of his on-field proclivities before college and the possible consequences for opposing players. Fortunately NFL refs also caught on, and started watching him before anybody got permanently injured.

On 3/20/2019 at 9:56 AM, SmittyBacall said:

People are blurring the line between his dirty play and his character outside of that.

Why should anyone think of Burfict’s on-field persona and off-field persona as separate entities? A guy who goes out of his way to intentionally injure people on what seems like over a dozen occasions, well outside the rulebook, is dirt.

He didn’t lose his cool in a singular instance and hit someone like Mike Evans or Gronk. He didn’t get  baited and annoyed by physical play like AJ Green or Andre Johnson. No, Burfict head hunts, dives at knees, twists ankles, and goes out of his way to cause injury. Burfict could be a charitable, community leader for all I know - doesn’t mean he deserves to be treated as a different person because he’s at work.

2 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

I've never heard about Burfict being trouble off the field. Maybe he's a nice guy otherwise, who knows? I'm not an aggressive person at all, but when I played football in gym class I would trip guys or bring them down by the neck without thinking about it. It bothered me that I would do things that were clearly wrong without even processing it until after the fact. I realized in short order that this was not a sport I should play, and moved on to other things instead. I think Burfict must have been well aware of his on-field proclivities before college and the possible consequences for opposing players. Fortunately NFL refs also caught on, and started watching him before anybody got permanently injured.

To hear the beat reporters talk about him off the field, he's a bad dude.  Not the kind of guy most would want to associate with.  

But, to his credit, he's never crossed the line (to my knowledge) off the field.

3 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

I seem to recall there was a video about him fighting some dude on an airfield?

Might be some other scummy ex bengal like Pacman though..

Archived