Clay Matthews Signs with Rams

49erurtaza

On 3/21/2019 at 7:50 PM, Calvert28 said:

How do the Rams even have anymore money for Free Agents? I mean did they remove the salary cap in settings before they played? Seems like horse **** they can just keep doing this.

To be fair, they did lose like 4 or 5 starters this free agency period as well.

3 hours ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Neither Pittsburgh or the NY Giants made the playoffs with their HOF QB's either, so what's your point?.....

You're talking crap to my team for not scoring enough in the Super Bowl when your team couldn't even make the playoffs. I hope you recognize the point.

On 3/20/2019 at 8:55 PM, jrry32 said:

Apparently, it's a $10 million base over 2 years. That's not bad.

If you're looking at $2 mil/sack, no, it's not. 

I'm a big Snead fan, normally. No clue what he's thinking with this signing. 

4 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

If you're looking at $2 mil/sack, no, it's not. 

I'm a big Snead fan, normally. No clue what he's thinking with this signing. 

His ILB/OLB versatility and leadership are valuable to us.

40 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

His ILB/OLB versatility and leadership are valuable to us.

If they really are looking at him as more of a ILB, then I can see it. Although I didn't think you guys were lacking much in that department last year...

42 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

If they really are looking at him as more of a ILB, then I can see it. Although I didn't think you guys were lacking much in that department last year...

We were definitely lacking at ILB until the playoffs. Barron finally played well at that point. But we cut him. I expect Matthews will see a lot of snaps at ILB (platooning with Micah Kiser). Wade's scheme runs on having legitimate pass-rush threats at as many LB spots as possible. 

On 3/23/2019 at 5:02 PM, jrry32 said:

You're talking crap to my team for not scoring enough in the Super Bowl when your team couldn't even make the playoffs. I hope you recognize the point.

And I hope you recognize mine....Ben Roethlisberger and Eli Manning are likely first ballot HOFer's and each has two times the number of SB's as that of AR.....Why then are they exempt from your criticism in not making last year's playoffs?.....

Archived