Miami Dolphins Tanking Plan

Activated10

Is tanking worth it in the NFL? Like intentionally fielding the worst roster possible. Personally as a GM id try to build a good roster, try to win games, if players get hurt halfway through the season and it isnt looking good yeah sure throw em on IR. But be a competitive 4-12 or something, trade up if necessary for the #1 Pick.

17 minutes ago, Eagles23 said:

Is tanking worth it in the NFL? Like intentionally fielding the worst roster possible. Personally as a GM id try to build a good roster, try to win games, if players get hurt halfway through the season and it isnt looking good yeah sure throw em on IR. But be a competitive 4-12 or something, trade up if necessary for the #1 Pick.

Yeah I'd say the 2011(?) Colts successfully tanked and it immediately turned their team around. Granted they blew it by having one of hte most incompetent GM's and training staff's in the NFL, but "Suck 4 Luck" made them able to compete again.

22 minutes ago, Eagles23 said:

Probably not but we have one of the worst rosters anyway. Most teams that do it in the NFL are in that situation... what's the point of overexerting resources on Free Agents if you're just going to be at best a middle of the road team, anyway? Might as well try to roll over as much cap as possible into next season and have a high draft pick if you are still looking for a franchise signal caller.

In the NFL, "tanking" really isn't the right word. No one is intentionally trying to lose in any season. Teams just sometimes decide that it isn't worth spending much on a lost year.

43 minutes ago, Eagles23 said:

We will see with Cleveland. They got Myles Garrett, Baker Mayfield, and Denzel Ward out of it.

2 hours ago, PatriotsWin! said:

Signing Fitzpatrick sorta hurts that tanking theory. It's not like they just sat back and let their 3rd stringer like a Curtis Painter start the season.

No one knows for a fact what Miami is doing. Its all speculation right now.

Its been said before but our roster isn't good enough for Fitzpatrick to win as many games as some of you think. 

16 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I've never really advocated for Colin Kaepernick, but if Miami wants this tank plan to come to fruition, they should have signed him. He's easily worse than Fitzpatrick.

I'm serious. He should have been their guy, even if it meant some backlash (or support).

Not sure that's enough.

I would say sign Hue Jackson to a 1-yr HC deal. Sign Kaep and play the National Anthem every offensive series he is in. Garaunteed 0-16.

On 3/20/2019 at 6:19 AM, SteelKing728 said:

I've never really advocated for Colin Kaepernick, but if Miami wants this tank plan to come to fruition, they should have signed him. He's easily worse than Fitzpatrick.

I'm serious. He should have been their guy, even if it meant some backlash (or support).

I’m fairly sure the pro-Fidel Castro nonsense he has uttered would not go over well down there in Miami. 

On 3/20/2019 at 6:19 AM, SteelKing728 said:

Kaep dumped all over the Cuban population by supporting Fidel Castro lol. He wont be playing QB in Miami

46 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

What's the consensus on Kenyan Drake? Is he a longterm piece or can he be had for a mid round pick? 

Longterm piece. Sorry.

I'm not in the belief that he should be the lead or feature back here though. Should be more of a complimentary back like Tevin Coleman.

Archived