Legacy of Sashi Brown

candyman93

Sachi was a mile a head of the curve as a gm in regards to the cap and making trades and organizing a draft strategy. 

He failed to convert as talent evaluator, making too many d-c-c+ plus grading picks. 

I doubt Dorsey would have the ability to do what Sachi did, he has a killer instinct for players. 

They would of been the perfect couple.

There is no way to truly determine Sashi's legacy with the Cleveland Browns because he was never given the opportunity to stay on as GM and actually pick his QB in the draft.  I've always wondered who Sashi would have picked between Baker & Darnold if he had been the GM. 

The one thing that I will always remember about Sashi regardless of there being no proof of this is him falling on the sword so to speak and not putting in the paperwork in to trade for AJ McCarron which would have been one of the worst trades in NFL history.

John Dorsey will never do it publically, but privately, you know he is thanking Sashi for setting him up with the cap and draft capitol that he inherited. 

Peace!!!

I've said this before but Sashi was the best at making a plan of acquiring as many draft assets as possible and sticking to it. Dorsey is the best at trading for players he wants (because of his many years in the business and the many contacts he has) and evaluating talant imo. I think that if they both worked together that each one is strong where the other is weak but I also think that it would cause a major power struggle with both wanting to be alpha. Just my opinion 

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He had some good ideas. Just sucked at drafting and signing. 

So I think its unfair to say that he sucked at drafting and signing.

He was hired to be the General Manager of the browns on January 3rd, and had a short off season to prepare for the draft.

Quite frankly passing on Wentz was the right move at the time, Hue Jackson would have destroyed him and blamed it on everyone else.

We still came out of that draft with some decent players such as Ogbah, Schobert, Kindred, DeValve, and Higgins.

I'm not saying it was stellar but we got players who contribute on the team from that draft.

In 2017, however, when he had a year to prepare for the draft....

Myles Garrett, Jabrill Peppers, David Ndjoku, Larry Ogunjobi, quite frankly Caleb Brantley and he also came out of it with the 4th overall pick in the following years draft also!

I'm not saying he was the best drafting GM we have ever had, but to say he sucked at it isn't fair either...

I feel for Sashi, but I wouldn't want anyone but Dorsey in charge. He's turned us into an actually NFL team. The last 11 years have been worth it for how I feel now (I know that pales in comparison to what the rest of you have gone through).

But yeah, Sashi had a plan and it's paying off.

3 hours ago, CBrownsman said:

He was hired to be the General Manager of the browns on January 3rd, and had a short off season to prepare for the draft.

Quite frankly passing on Wentz was the right move at the time, Hue Jackson would have destroyed him and blamed it on everyone else.

We still came out of that draft with some decent players such as Ogbah, Schobert, Kindred, DeValve, and Higgins.

I'm not saying it was stellar but we got players who contribute on the team from that draft.

Myles Garrett, Jabrill Peppers, David Ndjoku, Larry Ogunjobi, quite frankly Caleb Brantley and he also came out of it with the 4th overall pick in the following years draft also!

I'm not saying he was the best drafting GM we have ever had, but to say he sucked at it isn't fair either...

I’ve never understood the narrative that he couldn’t run a draft either for the exact same reasons.

3 hours ago, CBrownsman said:

I never once said Sashi sucked at player evaluation. I did however say that Dorsey is better at player evaluation which I absolutely believe and stick by. 

5 minutes ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

I never once said Sashi sucked at player evaluation. I did however say that Dorsey is better at player evaluation which I absolutely believe and stick by. 

And another thing, Sashi wasn’t the guy identifying talent, that was Andrew Berry.

Sashi has the plan and coordinated the efforts of others, he wasn’t watching tape.  He’s a lawyer, not a scout.

16 minutes ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

I agree with you and never said you did (quoted scrabble).

I was sad to see sashi go, I thought he should get more credit for this turnaround than he does.

That being said I have LOVED what Dorsey has done, and I'm VERY happy he is in charge.

This is seemingly working out very well for us!

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And another thing, Sashi wasn’t the guy identifying talent, that was Andrew Berry.

Sashi has the plan and coordinated the efforts of others, he wasn’t watching tape.  He’s a lawyer, not a scout.

And another thing, I still never said that. 

3 minutes ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

And another thing, I still never said that. 

17 minutes ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

Kind of implies he was the one doing the evaluation, no?

Archived