Legacy of Sashi Brown

candyman93

LGB - thanks for the follow up.

You probably have more accurate info than me as far as who was doing the scouting. I was looking at it from an outsider's point of view - and how the media portrayed him.

My view of analytics is they can be a wonderful tool to help you arrive at your final decision. But they should be just part of the process, not the whole thing. To what degree were they actually used? We could probably debate that ad infinitum.

I have no doubt that Sashi was a major part of hitting the reset button . Probably was under "suggestions" to devoid this team of talent in a swift manner. Could he have drafted better? Sure. Did he take the fall for the betterment of this franchise. Yes he did.

But I really, really, really agree with you about Hue. He absolutely was the anchor (in a bad way) that was dragging the ship down. True that Dorsey was given a roster devoid of talent and a bank account full of Benjamins to rebuild this roster. Chalk it up to life not being fair sometimes - but I like having an experienced guy in place who has learned from his mistakes to get the job done.

Again - thanks.

26 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

LGB - thanks for the follow up.

You probably have more accurate info than me as far as who was doing the scouting. I was looking at it from an outsider's point of view - and how the media portrayed him.

My view of analytics is they can be a wonderful tool to help you arrive at your final decision. But they should be just part of the process, not the whole thing. To what degree were they actually used? We could probably debate that ad infinitum.

I agree it’s only a part of it.  That said, let’s look at his picks.

Coleman: Biletnikoff winner and all American.

Ogbah: Big 12 DL of the year,

Nassib: Won the Lombardi, Hendricks, Big 10 DPOTY, All American 

Kessler: 3 year starter at major program that ran a pro offense.  Should meet Parcells requirements iirc.

Schobert: All American 

Higgins: All American 

Drango: All American x2, conference lineman of the year x2

Wright: All American and conference player of the year, Nagurski, Lombardi, Hendricks. 

I mean, that’s just his first year that everyone criticizes, but it looks to me like he took a lot of “real football players”.  Guys who were athletic, productive, mostly from big programs.

I have no doubt that Sashi was a major part of hitting the reset button . Probably was under "suggestions" to devoid this team of talent in a swift manner. Could he have drafted better? Sure. Did he take the fall for the betterment of this franchise. Yes he did

One huge factor is when you take the QB, because that’s when you start the clock on the 5 year rookie contract window.  I don’t think it was coincidence we passed on all of those guys when our roster was a 💩.

.But I really, really, really agree with you about Hue. He absolutely was the anchor (in a bad way) that was dragging the ship down.

He’s awful.

True that Dorsey was given a roster devoid of talent and a bank account full of Benjamins to rebuild this roster. Chalk it up to life not being fair sometimes - but I like having an experienced guy in place who has learned from his mistakes to get the job done.

I don’t disagree.  I’m more confident in Dorsey managing the assets, but I think Sashi was capable.  I just hate the narrative that the revitalization has been all because of Dorsey, because it clearly hasn’t been. I also hate “lol analytics” attitude because literally every pro sports franchise uses them.  All the Sashi/DePo pairing did was invest heavily into them, which I still think is a good thing.  So does the team obviously as DePo is still there.

Archived