2019 MLB Regular Season Discussion

Thelonebillsfan

16 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Brian McCann right now

giphy.gif

LOL they lucky he's not there BigMac might have slammed his azz talking that much crap :D   Thats one of the few things i love about him he don't take no crap from people disrespecting his team no matter who he is playing for. 

Now with that said im getting sick and tired of the Braves not having a legit closer and always giving up these blown saves.  I don't know who's available and what it would take to get him but i want a legit dominating closer and im willing to give up some nice prospects.

With a legit closer this team would be like 5 games up in 1st place of the East at minimum as they have lost us so many late inning games.

The 6th inning of Saturday's Astros Orioles game confuses me. Astros have guys on 1st and 3rd, one out. Gurriel is robbed of a homer, and the runner on 1st gets doubled up to end the inning. The guy from 3rd scored before the ball got back to 1st, and they were awarded the run. Isn't that wrong? I always thought any runs that crossed the plate didn't count when force outs ended an inning. Can someone help me out here

13 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I hope every single person who hits a HR off MadBum just absolutely pimps the **** out of their shots every single time they hit one. Dude is a god damn clown. Pitchers are more sensitive than children.

MLB players realize there is a line of HR pimping where he's going to get himself ejected right? To MadBum's credit, he didn't bean anyone yesterday (not that we're setting a high bar here, but still). But if you hit a HR, stared at it, and just went "goddddammn" loud enough for him to hear it, he'd lose his mind and start a fight immediately. All you gotta do is not do anything, and he gets tossed, then you get a bunch of terrible RPs to feast off of.

2 hours ago, smetana34 said:

The 6th inning of Saturday's Astros Orioles game confuses me. Astros have guys on 1st and 3rd, one out. Gurriel is robbed of a homer, and the runner on 1st gets doubled up to end the inning. The guy from 3rd scored before the ball got back to 1st, and they were awarded the run. Isn't that wrong? I always thought any runs that crossed the plate didn't count when force outs ended an inning. Can someone help me out here

It's nothing more than a sac fly with the guy on first getting doubled off cause he went too far.
The run counts cause the guy from third scored before the final out was made.

4 hours ago, smetana34 said:

I don't think that is considered a force a play. It is considered a during play appeal.

22 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

MLB players realize there is a line of HR pimping where he's going to get himself ejected right? To MadBum's credit, he didn't bean anyone yesterday (not that we're setting a high bar here, but still). But if you hit a HR, stared at it, and just went "goddddammn" loud enough for him to hear it, he'd lose his mind and start a fight immediately. All you gotta do is not do anything, and he gets tossed, then you get a bunch of terrible RPs to feast off of.

In my adult summer league just barely post college (what an eclectic group, ranging from people who got cut from their HS teams to people who had just gotten released from the Florida Marlins AAA affiliate, dead serious), we had a HR celebration protocol/bet.

One of my buddies was:

66zN.gif

The BOW AND ARROW, with using the bat for the bow

I suggested:

giphy.gif

SpottedTinyComet-small.gif

*Bonus points for carrying the bat the entire way around the bases (not shown here) ala the extra regular season playoff game in the original Major League movie*

My personal favorite, the JACK PARKMAN:

hqdefault.jpg

Stand there, watch it, don't move from the plate for a solid 10 seconds, star and smirk at the pitcher, and take a full 45 second MINIMUM to round the bases

Also, you MUST be wearing sunglasses while doing so, or it doesn't count.

2 hours ago, tom cody said:

The Texas Rangers have to be the surprise team of the MLB so far. Watched their game with Boston last night. Def a team that's not going away and should be in contention for a playoff spot.

pitching isn't good.  they will falter soon. also the offense isn't sustainable as well. let them be mediocre.

• Like 1