2019 MLB Regular Season Discussion

Thelonebillsfan

2 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Once again another blown save from that garbage bullpen we keep throwing out there outside of Swarzack and newk when he is in the pen.  But since he started this game we didn't have him available.

Meanwhile, will Smith added to his perfect save record this season. Seems like one of those games that spur the braves to make a deal 

6 hours ago, N4L said:

Meanwhile, will Smith added to his perfect save record this season. Seems like one of those games that spur the braves to make a deal 

Dont follow them too closely, but all I'm reading about the Braves is they're on the cusp of being really good - supposedly for a good while. They dont seem to get that love on this board.

Edited by Leader
  • Like 1

I just don’t understand this whole Frazier debacle. Like wtf are you doing NYY. Yes he has had issues with the media, yes he sucks at defense, but he rakes and he’s young, yet you felt the need to replace him in the lineup with Edwin? Idk man i just don’t get it.

I will retract this statement if we get a TOR pitcher like Stras, Bauer, Max etc for him but if we get someone like Mad Bum, Stroman, or Boyd i am going to be pissed.

23 hours ago, Leader said:

Dont follow them too closely, but all I'm reading about the Braves is they're on the cusp of being really good - supposedly for a good while. They dont seem to get that love on this board.

That has a lot to do with their fans.

14 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Yankees optioned Frazier. Lmfao how embarrassing. 

I just don’t understand this whole Frazier debacle. Like wtf are you doing NYY. Yes he has had issues with the media, yes he sucks at defense, but he rakes and he’s young, yet you felt the need to replace him in the lineup with Edwin? Idk man i just don’t get it.

I will retract this statement if we get a TOR pitcher like Stras, Bauer, Max etc for him but if we get someone like Mad Bum, Stroman, or Boyd i am going to be pissed.

Issues with the media?

Anyway, with that bullpen, the Yankees don't need a top of the rotation guy. Stroman can clearly pitch in that division and would slot right in to that rotation nicely.

I just don’t understand this whole Frazier debacle. Like wtf are you doing NYY. Yes he has had issues with the media, yes he sucks at defense, but he rakes and he’s young, yet you felt the need to replace him in the lineup with Edwin? Idk man i just don’t get it. I will retract this statement if we get a TOR pitcher like Stras, Bauer, Max etc for him but if we get someone like Mad Bum, Stroman, or Boyd i am going to be pissed.

It's not that complicated. With the returning players, the roster was always gonna get slimmed down. Frazier's a corner OF,  the teams  regular corner OFs are returning and they're gonna eat up the ABs. Frazier's moved a few hours down the road where he can keep getting regular work.

He's a natural replacement for Gardner - except for the defensive liabilities at this point.

Lastly, you've got the chance to get the AL HR leader who's #3 in RBI's - stick him in a lineup where he'll be protected and fill in / share first base duties with Voit - on the cheap. Unless the team turn's in to a strikeout machine, I dont see any downside.

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

It's not that complicated. With the returning players, the roster was always gonna get slimmed down. Frazier's a corner OF,  the teams  regular corner OFs are returning and they're gonna eat up the ABs. Frazier's moved a few hours down the road where he can keep getting regular work.

He's a natural replacement for Gardner - except for the defensive liabilities at this point.

Lastly, you've got the chance to get the AL HR leader who's #3 in RBI's - stick him in a lineup where he'll be protected and fill in / share first base duties with Voit - on the cheap. Unless the team turn's in to a strikeout machine, I dont see any downside.

Also, this protects the Yankees biggest trade chip. They can say they sent him down for media issues, but that doesn't hurt any trade stock because it's the "New York media" and it won't be a problem in places that don't have such a vicious media like NYC. 

4 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Anyway, with that bullpen, the Yankees don't need a top of the rotation guy. Stroman can clearly pitch in that division and would slot right in to that rotation nicely.

Potential arms on the team now: Severino, Jordan Montgomery and Betances. How (or if) these guys come back this year and produce - is uncertain. Severino just started long tossing the ball. Hasnt been on a mound in months. Betances threw off a mound - and was set back a few more months because of a lat strain. Montgomery's coming back from TJ surgery.

They need an arm (or two) to protect that bullpen. Otherwise, they run the risk of burning it out from the regular use/overuse its getting.

1 minute ago, Slateman said:

Also, this protects the Yankees biggest trade chip. They can say they sent him down for media issues, but that doesn't hurt any trade stock because it's the "New York media" and it won't be a problem in places that don't have such a vicious media like NYC. 

Correct

There is no "media issue" IMO. The NYY have had lots of players with more issues along those lines and plugged him in the lineup every day. Its a non-factor. I'd like to keep him. If we can - good for us. The defensive hassles were new to me but he's got a super quick bat and level swing that drives the ball to all fields. If we can get an arm....of figure out our rotation and keep him. Good. He'll be a player for years to come.

1 hour ago, Slateman said:

Issues with the media?

With that theory we didn’t need Edwin because we have enough power lol. I’ll never turn down another Ace.

Frazier was hitting .385 with RISP this season, 3rd on the team with homers, again i understand the move AFTER getting Edwin, but i don’t understand getting Edwin at the expense of Clint at this point in time. What else do you want from a 25 year old? He’s been great at the plate, he should be someone we build around along with Judge/Stanton/Sanchez/Torres/Didi he shouldn’t be seen as an expendable piece unless you get one of the names i mentioned. I’m sorry but Stroman would be an underwhelming haul for Clint at this point.