2019 MLB Regular Season Discussion

Thelonebillsfan

Can someone tell me why pitchers aren't allowed to take popups? Machado just got a hit on an infield popup that Jeffress easily could've taken, instead 1st, SS, 3rd, and C all charged in and then stared at each other and left it fall.

53 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Bad.

They were bad.

Wtf are you talking about TBF? He had a sub-3 ERA w/ decent K/BB numbers.

Using his AAA numbers this year to say “hurrrr overhyped Yankees prospect” is silly. He wasn’t even that hyped.1

2 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Wtf are you talking about TBF? He had a sub-3 ERA w/ decent K/BB numbers.

Using his AAA numbers this year to say “hurrrr overhyped Yankees prospect” is silly. He wasn’t even that hyped.1

1 hour ago, GSUeagles14 said:

You just flat out lying now, huh?

I crossed up the numbers with another prospect I was looking at, phones are hard, that was my bad.

@GSUeagles14 You like, need a hobby or some ****. I'm sorry you're still mad about **** from literally years ago my guy.

Edited by Thelonebillsfan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, smetana34 said:

Can someone tell me why pitchers aren't allowed to take popups? Machado just got a hit on an infield popup that Jeffress easily could've taken, instead 1st, SS, 3rd, and C all charged in and then stared at each other and left it fall.

The thought is two fold
1. He isn't a fielder so the others have a better chance at catching it
2. He is coming off the mound and the angle and change in surface can be more difficult along with the others having better angles to the ball

I think they should take more than they do, but that is why.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Clint Frazier straight up for him? :)

The logical part of my brain says yes. The Nationals won't be competing for a couple years and that move would allow the Nats to move Soto to first and play Frazier in LF.

But the fan me needs to see Max every fifth day and wants him to go into the HoF as a Nat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Let us never forget that the D'Backs traded Max Scherzer in a 3 teamer for Edwin Jackson and Ian Kennedy.

And got the Yankees Grandy don't forget that bit.

Long, storied history of their FO deciding to just make other teams better, the Diamondbacks.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

And got the Yankees Grandy don't forget that bit.

Long, storied history of their FO deciding to just make other teams better, the Diamondbacks.

To the end of my days I will be smug that I said max scherzer was a future HOF when he was just some loser in Arizona and now it’s come true