2019 MLB Regular Season Discussion

Thelonebillsfan

Just now, N4L said:

Its the 16th inning and the giants are going to end up with the Jerez (rookie relief pitcher) coming up to bat with the bases loaded and one out in a tied game lol 

Well, that was a fun game. Somehow this team is one game under .500. I don't even understand it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

Well, that was a fun game. Somehow this team is one game under .500. I don't even understand it. 

Does.not.compute. 

What bat can we get if we trade Joey Bart? LOL

• Like 1

NL MVP Yelich or Bellinger?

Looking at their non advanced stats, there's only one that really stands out to me as either having a significant lead over the other.

Yelich's 23 stolen bases to Bellinger's 8.

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

NL MVP Yelich or Bellinger?

Looking at their non advanced stats, there's only one that really stands out to me as either having a significant lead over the other.

Yelich's 23 stolen bases to Bellinger's 8.

Yelich is probably the most valuable player to his team in the NL.  He about single-handedly has a team with a -9 (yes, negative) run differential currently in the playoffs as a WC team.  

But Bellinger is the more valuable player in a vacuum.  

1 hour ago, hrubes20 said:

Yelich is probably the most valuable player to his team in the NL.  He about single-handedly has a team with a -9 (yes, negative) run differential currently in the playoffs as a WC team.  

But Bellinger is the more valuable player in a vacuum.  

How can a player be an MVP in a vacuum?

3 hours ago, Leader said:

How can a player be an MVP in a vacuum?

Because whether correct or not, there are plenty of voters for the MVP award that consider the team around the player when deciding on who to vote for.  Bellinger will be docked for being on a team that would make the playoffs even without him, and has multiple other all-star players in the same lineup.  But when you take those things away, and look at things "in a vacuum", Bellinger is the MVP.  

2 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

Because whether correct or not, there are plenty of voters for the MVP award that consider the team around the player when deciding on who to vote for.  Bellinger will be docked for being on a team that would make the playoffs even without him, and has multiple other all-star players in the same lineup.  But when you take those things away, and look at things "in a vacuum", Bellinger is the MVP.  

Okay. Understood. Thanks for that. I understand your intent better.