Is it just me or players don't stay with teams very long now

orpheus200

10 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

True, just like wearing a tshirt with a band's name on it. I mean, how dare you, you aren't in the band. Grow up :)

No, like I said wearing team gear is something else.  I am talking about jerseys with a guys name on it (Unless you are a woman) strikes me as some juvenile hero worship.  Perfectly acceptable for kids, but once you get to adulthood just strikes me wrong.  I look at it more like dressing up as michael Jackson dancing billy jean and wearing one glove. 

2 hours ago, patman said:

No, like I said wearing team gear is something else.  I am talking about jerseys with a guys name on it (Unless you are a woman) strikes me as some juvenile hero worship.  Perfectly acceptable for kids, but once you get to adulthood just strikes me wrong. 

"Wrong"? Interesting take. You don't believe that's a strange gatekeeping code to live by? I don't see the difference myself if someone is wearing a Tom Brady jersey or if someone is wearing a t-shirt that says Jimmy Hendrix on it with a picture of him. It's just a form of idolizing someone's creativity that has been shared with the world. One is sports, the other is music. Don't see why it would bother folks. To each their own though. 

On 3/20/2019 at 1:32 PM, Nozizaki said:

The average NFL career is 6 years long. Players aren't in the league very long, and those that have the ability want to maximize the amount they make, so they go to the Jets in free agency.

Since when did MIN fans start targeting the Jets?  Is there some rivalry I missed?  Is it because of Barr or us being used by Cousins to up the price on that overpaid QB they have. 

4 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Since when did MIN fans start targeting the Jets?  Is there some rivalry I missed?  Is it because of Barr or us being used by Cousins to up the price on that overpaid QB they have. 

:ph34r:

2 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

"Wrong"? Interesting take. You don't believe that's a strange gatekeeping code to live by? I don't see the difference myself if someone is wearing a Tom Brady jersey or if someone is wearing a t-shirt that says Jimmy Hendrix on it with a picture of him. It's just a form of idolizing someone's creativity that has been shared with the world. One is sports, the other is music. Don't see why it would bother folks. To each their own though. 

No, I don't see it strange at all.  Again, It is mimicking him by the same type uniform, to the extent of paying $200 even.  I think it is ridiculous to see a guy in white sequin rhinestone crusted jumpsuit, because he think Elvis rules. 

4 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

It was a joke, since the Jets have been so active in free agency.

Just now, Nozizaki said:

It was a joke, since the Jets have been so active in free agency.

They had to be this year.  MIN twitter took a shot at the Jets recently too for Barr going back and busting them for signing Siemian/Compton.

Seen quite a few shots from MIN fans recently about the Jets must be just a coincidence I suppose.

3 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

They had to be this year.  MIN twitter took a shot at the Jets recently too for Barr going back and busting them for signing Siemian/Compton.

Seen quite a few shots from MIN fans recently about the Jets must be just a coincidence I suppose.

There's no bad blood. Y'all could've had Barr for that price. Although I'm glad to have both him and not Case Keenum at QB.

On 3/20/2019 at 7:25 PM, patman said:

Well  I don't understand why a grown man wears a jersey with some guys name on it.

What is even funnier is some heavy retired woman wearing a jersey with a players' name on it.  The lady across the street lives in her Brady jersey all season long.  lol

I only purchase generic Packers apparel that I can wear indefinitely.

1 hour ago, Gmen said:

If you’re a good Giants wide receiver, you have 4 years max with the team

Plaxico Burress

Steve Smith

Hakeem Nicks

Victor Cruz 

Odel Beckham

We barely knew ya

Beckham had five. Unless you count injury. 

In that case, carry on.

I do see the point in how players are expendable, though. Heck, half of our (Rams) fans are asking for us to trade Todd Gurley based off of a nice four-game stretch by CJ Anderson.

A ton of fans don't believe in our number one overall draft pick QB after he's had two Pro-Bowl caliber seasons.

There is a ton of loyalty to Michael Brockers for some reason, though... Oh, wait, we're anticipating for him to get cut or traded in the next year or so. 

Aaron Donald isn't that likeable as a person - don't hate him, just think he's not a charming character - in my opinion, but as the most dominant player in the game, he gets a pass until he hurts his knee and misses two games late in the season, then John Franklin-Meyers gets three sacks and the fans beg for us to trade Donald.

Now, in AZ, there IS a ton of loyalty to Fitzgerald. Living there for 12 years from 2006 to 2018, he was the one constant. There was a literal celebration last February around the Valley of the Sun when he committed to the team for another year. The dude is probably the most significant Arizona athlete over Randy Johnson, Barkley, Booker, and Paul Goldschmidt

6 hours ago, Pugger said:

What is even funnier is some heavy retired woman wearing a jersey with a players' name on it.  The lady across the street lives in her Brady jersey all season long.  lol

I only purchase generic Packers apparel that I can wear indefinitely.

Agreed, I have plenty of stuff and more stuff is given at Christmas and Birthdays.  But I have always rooted for the laundry more than the players

Archived